The Division 2 - March 2019

Soldato
A rookie requires help!

I played some of the Division 1, mostly solo and never reached max level. But the main missions and a few of the side missions were fun enough to get my moneys worth.

I've started TD2, however, it feels a LOT more empty, just copy and paste missions even the main ones. Am I missing something? It just feels like an open world filled with repeat quests, I'm only Lv5, is there something I should be sticking to? Main missions only? Is playing solo really not advised as I'm already bored and I don't know anyone that plays over here to join up with.

Soldato
T5 and Tidal Basin on 5th April,Friday :D
3 gear sets coming with it,Heroic difficulty,new invaded missions,etc..

While I appreciate new content, my only criticism is the drip feed of end game content (so short after release) in these Games as a Service types are inadvertently making not not want to play any more, until the update.
Why play trying to get the best out of my build when the gear score is increasing in a week and it's all going to be replaced? I guess they've got my money already though, but for the player experience it's not great.

Gives me a good time to play other stuff :p

Associate
While I appreciate new content, my only criticism is the drip feed of end game content (so short after release) in these Games as a Service types are inadvertently making not not want to play any more, until the update.
Why play trying to get the best out of my build when the gear score is increasing in a week and it's all going to be replaced? I guess they've got my money already though, but for the player experience it's not great.

Gives me a good time to play other stuff :p

Waiting to release an online game until everything is ready with no plan for future updates is a recipe for disaster. A successful online game will initially be released as a decent bug free game out of the door and then the devs will continually provide new content to ensure that the player base remains engaged.
Trying to release everything at once is impractical and will either result in a long wait or rushed and buggy content. I can think of a couple of examples of games that were either ruined by the rush or are still in development years after announcement because the scope just keeps increasing and the game isn't (and may never be) ready.

Personally I like the idea of new content being released in stages to combat both the wait and quality issues. However I do understand your criticisms. They can be applied to any online game where the world is changing and mean that todays top tier gear is tomorrows trash. Wow has been doing it for years and they aren't alone, however I can't see how anyone could provide new content and rewards to keep people engaged without reducing the value of the old.

Soldato
They can be applied to any online game where the world is changing and mean that todays top tier gear is tomorrows trash. Wow has been doing it for years and they aren't alone, I can't see how anyone could provide new content and rewards to keep people engaged without reducing the value of the old.

You have not understood what I'm saying, I'm arguing at how quickly it's happened, not that it should happen at all.

Edit: Though I may have not made that clear, sorry.

Man of Honour
Guess they made the current stuff too easy/too quick if people are already maxed out. :p

Thats because we gamers are morons who pump dozens of hours in the blink of an eye into games we enjoy. Much like the child who stuffs the ice cream or chocolate into their face and then moans that theres none left. Unfortunately no matter how often we preach at said child to slow down and learn to pace themselves, we arent able to follow our own advice when it comes to gaming. I know that I for one have taken days off work at the release of a title so that I can hammer it, have spent whole weekends giving game X a good "session" (a session running into 10s of hours over the weekend) and so on :D

Much like any movie, tv show or book, binge it and its soon over and you're left annoyed at having to wait for part 2 of the film, the next season of the tv show or the next book in the series.

Yet I keep on doing it. Masochism or addiction, I'm not sure which it is....but I enjoy it !!! :D

Permabanned
Thats because we gamers are morons who pump dozens of hours in the blink of an eye into games we enjoy. Much like the child who stuffs the ice cream or chocolate into their face and then moans that theres none left. Unfortunately no matter how often we preach at said child to slow down and learn to pace themselves, we arent able to follow our own advice when it comes to gaming. I know that I for one have taken days off work at the release of a title so that I can hammer it, have spent whole weekends giving game X a good "session" (a session running into 10s of hours over the weekend) and so on :D

Much like any movie, tv show or book, binge it and its soon over and you're left annoyed at having to wait for part 2 of the film, the next season of the tv show or the next book in the series.

Yet I keep on doing it. Masochism or addiction, I'm not sure which it is....but I enjoy it !!! :D

Too true. :p

Associate

This game is crazy addictive. Division 1 was also called The Divorce :D
Already have 131h and just cant stop playing.
My CPU tho gone b00m,so atm using 3570K and it botlenecks my GPU quite a bit.Nothing gonna stop me :D

Anyone able to help?

How do i unlock Senait Ezera? I've done the museum all upgrades except the automated defenses! AGrrrr need that 5.56

Cant remember what mission,but i have alt char at lvl 9 and already have it,so its early in one of main missions

Associate
Better late than never, finally got round to claiming my AMD reward code. Now just 3.5 hours left on the download....Hopefully can join in with some OcUK skirmishes

Caporegime
Is it me or is the demo mortar turrent complete turd. :(

I think its the opposite, I'm only WT3 but I find it almost one shots red mobs at this level, I like it! I do have a couple of + explosion damage pieces of gear mind. You just have to make sure you cancel the skill with one shot left to cut the cool down massively.

I use it to smash the sort of mobs that just sit in cover barely moving.

Permabanned
I think its the opposite, I'm only WT3 but I find it almost one shots red mobs at this level, I like it! I do have a couple of + explosion damage pieces of gear mind. You just have to make sure you cancel the skill with one shot left to cut the cool down massively.

I use it to smash the sort of mobs that just sit in cover barely moving.

Yeah I just prefer the set it and forget it turret :p

Associate
Yeah I just prefer the set it and forget it turret :p

Machine Gun Turret is good if your short of a gun or two and need the adds distracted whilst playing as a 2 or 3 in a group however, the Flame turret is where its at. They literally act as a 'Firewall' blocking the adds advancing against you. Decent range and the burning damage is insane - better when combo'd with a build that has extra damage against burning enemies and if used on elites with the elite damage buff the armour just literally gets ripped off with health not last longer than half a second. Me and my mate trounced last weeks Invaded DZ with it as we could choke the adds in a door way set them on fire and just literally melt them.

Shawrey

Back
Top Bottom