The nervous wait to exchange....

Soldato
New build I assume. Otherwise a 6 week turnaround is a bit of an ask! Solicitors take that long to pick their noses!
Nope. The house was sold but the buyers pulled out 1 hour before they were due to sign the contracts, all of the sellers paperwork is done, it’s just my end that’s starting now. :)

fez

fez

Caporegime
Nope. The house was sold but the buyers pulled out 1 hour before they were due to sign the contracts, all of the sellers paperwork is done, it’s just my end that’s starting now. :)

Happy days! Do you know why the previous seller pulled out? That is so last minute its ridiculous. How people can do that is beyond me.

Associate
Shouldn't be an issue tbh, other houses on the road have had lamp posts relocated in order to make the driveway accessible for 2 cars. :)

I'd check with the council first if this is in anyway determining whether you buy a particular house.

Just because it's been done elsewhere on the road doesn't automatically mean yours will be approved.

My local council used to do it themselves but now have an approved list of contractors who they allow to do it but under stricter rules.

Soldato
Happy days! Do you know why the previous seller pulled out? That is so last minute its ridiculous. How people can do that is beyond me.
The buyers were all set to move but found a house on the morning they were due to sign the contracts. They were booked for 11am but phoned up at 10am to say they had changed their mind, wouldn’t have been happy with that! :p

Soldato
I'd check with the council first if this is in anyway determining whether you buy a particular house.

Just because it's been done elsewhere on the road doesn't automatically mean yours will be approved.

My local council used to do it themselves but now have an approved list of contractors who they allow to do it but under stricter rules.
The driveway and the dropped curb are easy enough as the council want the cars off the road, the lamp post might be difficult but it’s not a deal breaker, I can work around it. :)

fez

fez

Caporegime
The buyers were all set to move but found a house on the morning they were due to sign the contracts. They were booked for 11am but phoned up at 10am to say they had changed their mind, wouldn’t have been happy with that! :p

As in they found somewhere they wanted more on the morning they were due to sign contracts? Thats madness. I would have been furious. We really need to overhaul the whole house buying system in the UK. Its a mess when it comes to dropping thousands of pounds only for a sale to fall through. We could easily have lost probably £4-5K if ours had fallen through late in the process.

Soldato
As in they found somewhere they wanted more on the morning they were due to sign contracts? Thats madness. I would have been furious. We really need to overhaul the whole house buying system in the UK. Its a mess when it comes to dropping thousands of pounds only for a sale to fall through. We could easily have lost probably £4-5K if ours had fallen through late in the process.
Yeah lol, who even keeps looking at houses that close to completion? It is madness and I bet it’s infuriating. This all happened only 3 weeks ago, when I went to view it last week, she had everything boxed up as she was supposed to be moving on the Friday. She was gutted as she almost missed out on the house she’s moving to, I’m glad they decided not to have it because I’ve got a great house at a good price. :)

fez

fez

Caporegime
Yeah lol, who even keeps looking at houses that close to completion? It is madness and I bet it’s infuriating. This all happened only 3 weeks ago, when I went to view it last week, she had everything boxed up as she was supposed to be moving on the Friday. She was gutted as she almost missed out on the house she’s moving to, I’m glad they decided not to have it because I’ve got a great house at a good price. :)

Yeah, we moved from a decent sized 3 bedroom flat but we had been packing generally for a few weeks before the move and we weren't moving with wardrobes as they were built in. Its not something you can just knock out in a few days.

Did you get a good discount on the price they were originally getting?

Man of Honour
Now someone in the chain wants to bring the date back 4 days - which is going to make it a bit tricky getting time off work at this point.

Soldato
Yeah, we moved from a decent sized 3 bedroom flat but we had been packing generally for a few weeks before the move and we weren't moving with wardrobes as they were built in. Its not something you can just knock out in a few days.

Did you get a good discount on the price they were originally getting?
Didn’t get a huge amount of money off the property but I’ve saved a lot of money as the kitchen is fully furnished, only needing small appliances like a kettle etc. :)

Had my paperwork through from the solicitor yesterday, haven’t heard anything back from my mortgage application that went through on Monday.

Man of Honour
Yay now having the inevitable last minute fun and games with FENSA certification as it turns out the builders that did some work on the house are/were an incompetent shower.

EDIT: I take that back turns out while the builder was disorganised it was another party that were incompetent.

Last edited:
Soldato
When filling out paperwork regarding your bank, when it asks for their address, are they asking for the address of head office or your local branch which you use?

Soldato
I always used local branch.

But if course that could well get closed down the next day! :D
I’ve gone with my local branch.

One issue that may arise is that my bank name is different to the name on my passport and driving license, I’m hoping it’s not an issue but it could be.

Soldato
Sellers are moving into rented so want time to find a place, and we've got notice on our current places. Is a bit long but worked for both parties.

Back
Top Bottom