What have you done to your car today?

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
What plugs? These engines run like a bag of nails on the wrong ones. Also that's not a stage 0, that's just a normal service. Stage 0 would include fuel filter, PCV lines and a vac lines, trans fluid, and coils on top of what you've bought.

Wouldn't this be what everyone else would simply call...a service, and then weak parts addressed as you might do on any new (to you) vehicle? :p

Soldato
Yeah it's a ridiculous term that was born from the whole Stage 1 2 3 etc of tuning early P80 T5s. Apparently Stage 0 was coined as its 'necesssary' to do before any performance mods on these old worn out engines.

I didn't coin it, I don't like it, don't shoot the messenger.

Caporegime
It’s in with kwik fit :eek:

My metal dust caps are stuck and my tyres need air - lesson learnt, apply grease first or don’t bother with metal caps :p

I used them once. The valve cap fused to the threads. I had to use mole grips to unscrew them, and then the whole valve came out instead and my tyre rapidly deflated in front of my very eyes. :p

Soldato
Aircon died, so much for leaving it on to prevent leaks/loss. Was expecting the worst knowing it was 1234yf gas. Seems not many places fill it up and main dealers the only places locally which could handle it.

Man of Honour
I used them once. The valve cap fused to the threads. I had to use mole grips to unscrew them, and then the whole valve came out instead and my tyre rapidly deflated in front of my very eyes. :p

That’s what I was afraid of. Cheap to repair, but hopefully they don’t screw up the whole tyre in the process.

Back
Top Bottom