LG 34GK950G, 3440x1440, G-Sync, 120Hz

Soldato
I wouldn't recommend voiding your warranty by cracking it open.
The margin for error/causing damage is high.

With that said... ChrisPyzut has opened his up.
He was going to take another look this weekend.

If I understood him correctly he said the light bleed would appear to be related to the amount of pressure applied (or lack of) at the edge of the screen.

Hopefully he reports back in with some pretty pictures.

I have heard this sort of talk with pretty much every monitor, bits of paper in gaps, moving the frame etc etc. at the end of the day you probably cannot do anything about it, because it is the panel, not other parts pressing on it.

Associate
I've been hotly anticipating an influx of photos from those who have taken delivery to make me super jealous.
I suppose they are in the middle of their gaming/movie marathons... A good sign I think?

I have heard this sort of talk with pretty much every monitor, bits of paper in gaps, moving the frame etc etc. at the end of the day you probably cannot do anything about it, because it is the panel, not other parts pressing on it.

You would have thought that manufacturers would have identified and ironed out those kinds of issues in 2019.

It must be either A) terribly difficult -or- B) terribly expensive to adjust for.

Soldato
You would have thought that manufacturers would have identified and ironed out those kinds of issues in 2019.

It must be either A) terribly difficult -or- B) terribly expensive to adjust for.

I think it can be done, but they would have to bin any panel that is not perfect, overall not good for profits.

These LG do look like an improvement over the older models from what I have seen though.

Associate
Well I did recieve mine and on schedule thanks to ocuk diligence but i just can't get used to the blur or even strobe crosstalk in blur reduction mode. I wonder if I've been spoilt by low persistence TN for too many years that even these IPS panels bother me too much

Well I did recieve mine and on schedule thanks to ocuk diligence but i just can't get used to the blur or even strobe crosstalk in blur reduction mode. I wonder if I've been spoilt by low persistence TN for too many years that even these IPS panels bother me too much

Problem is you are never going to beat TN in that respect with a IPS or VA panel.

But I'll be fine because I'm blind anyway (I just like to touch the screen and feel the smoothness lol). :p

Associate
I've been hotly anticipating an influx of photos from those who have taken delivery to make me super jealous.
I suppose they are in the middle of their gaming/movie marathons... A good sign I think?

I'll take the bait:) Very happy so far. Not done a lot with it, Netfilx, youtube etc. Will have to have a game on it soon.

U8m3eeE.jpg

Associate
Technically these LG's are well overpriced anyway if you consider other 1440p ultrawide panels are going for between £700 to £900.

Monitors in that range are not 144Hz native or Nano IPS with wide colour gamut so not quite the "same". Wide colour gamut monitors in any range generally carry a higher price tag and well worth it for those that desire it.

Associate
Can anyone plug in a PS4 or Xbox one and show stretched, native and to fit (or put windows at 1080p) in a dark room for me please

I want this as my only monitor but still play consoles and don’t want to see too much bleed in the dark bits if possible

Associate
Can anyone plug in a PS4 or Xbox one and show stretched, native and to fit (or put windows at 1080p) in a dark room for me please

I want this as my only monitor but still play consoles and don’t want to see too much bleed in the dark bits if possible
Problem is that not all monitors show the same amount of bleed. So someone could show you a screen that is perfect and you get one that is not.

Associate
looks i did not won on panel lotery:/ i have about 3 death pixels :/ easy to spot on black pattern, cant see them on other colours paterns, do you think any kind of fix dead pixels software will work on it ? Or shall i RMA ?
By the way how long take for OC send replacementmonitor ?

looks i did not won on panel lotery:/ i have about 3 death pixels :/ easy to spot on black pattern, cant see them on other colours paterns, do you think any kind of fix dead pixels software will work on it ? Or shall i RMA ?
By the way how long take for OC send replacementmonitor ?

You have nothing to lose giving this a try first.
They might just be stuck rather than dead.

Associate
Are you sure? showing 10+ in stock here.
They probably would have allocated your replacement when you contacted them.

[EDIT]

Ok now it says pre-order on both F and G.
(Damn they burnt though 120 units in like two days). :eek:

FML DPD were meant to collect my broken monitor today, but didn't turn up, i contacted OCUK and they have arranged collection for tomorrow now, they don't allocate a replacement either and there is only 7 left, hope I get my replacement before they sell out :(

Associate
Well I got mine saturday and all setup and when gaming etc looks great I can't fault it and no dead pixels but...... my issue is bottom left quadrant of the screen has really bad backlight bleed. Maybe I am just sensitive to it but I found it really ruining a couple of the games I was playing, will have to play with the settings tonight again (I am in a reasonably bright room most of the time only gone 10pm all the lights go off)

Stu

Stu

Soldato
OP
Hi all, pre-orders have shipped and they are now in stock and what is on the website is free stock!

Due to CRAZY demand for the Freesync and less demand for the G-Sync I've raised the price for the F model to £1149.95.

At the same time dropping the price of the G-sync variant from £1199.99 to £1149.95.

I'm surprised how quickly the prices have increased on both these models. Last November they launched at £989 for the F model and £1099 for the G model. Since then, the pound is now much stronger against the USD and the Euro, however, prices of both models have increased, with the F model now 16% more expensive than 4 months ago.

Back
Top Bottom