Help with finding a rear bicycle light that will fit the frame

Soldato
I bought my niece a new bike yesterday but am having problems finding a rear light that will fit it
All the rear lights i looked at meant to be mounted to the seat post which is no good for her bike :(

Am looking for a rear light that can mount to the frame down near the rear clog
(Another option am guessing would be a light that fits to her helmet)

YCaer3L.jpg

Associate
Can't find the exact ones I have, but this elastic type will likely fit to her helmet and also will fit around the lower part of the rear frame, above the rear gear cogs might point upwards slightly due to the angle but should definitely still be noticeable in the dark. Just tested mine on the same part of my bike and they hold firm despite being thinner than the seat post which I usually use.

https://www.google.com/search?q=min...zhAhURtXEKHaV4DTgQsAR6BAgJEAE&biw=912&bih=952

No fitting at all that has to stay on the bike so is nice for keeping the bike uncluttered when not using them too. No super bright but even one is fine for being noticed.

Soldato
OP
Can't find the exact ones I have, but this elastic type will likely fit to her helmet and also will fit around the lower part of the rear frame, above the rear gear cogs might point upwards slightly due to the angle but should definitely still be noticeable in the dark. Just tested mine on the same part of my bike and they hold firm despite being thinner than the seat post which I usually use.

https://www.google.com/search?q=min...zhAhURtXEKHaV4DTgQsAR6BAgJEAE&biw=912&bih=952

No fitting at all that has to stay on the bike so is nice for keeping the bike uncluttered when not using them too. No super bright but even one is fine for being noticed.
Thanks

After thinking about it a helmet light would most likely be better as it won't be stolen as easy..

Soldato
Am looking for a rear light that can mount to the frame down near the rear clog

I have a couple of these on the seatstays on my mountain bike; url=https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/LIPHBSTRL/phaart-booster-05-watt-led-rear-light

The bracket rotates around 180 degrees, so you can mount it so that it doesn't point directly upwards, which is how a bracket designed for a seatpost would end up. They're also cheap enough that it doesn't really matter if you forget to take it off and it gets stolen... :)

Soldato
OP
Soldato
Yeh they are held on by rubber rings..

Fine for a rear light.

Not so good for handlebar front lights as they tend to slip a bit with vibrations, but fine for rear lights if mounted as above. The problem with unknown brands is you don't know how good the battery is or how waterproof it is.

You can't go wrong with cateye stuff IMO.

Last edited:
Associate
Trouble relying on a light on the helmet head is apart from not legal!(Run the risk of getting yourself in bother if something happens as your legal guardian if with them)if there looking all over the place there is not a light at rear showing!

but those slim led lights like the cateye but also other makes as was looking at some on Ali express other day with fit down at lower end of seat stays ok
Those reflective bands are good for arms also

Soldato
Cateye even do a 'flex' bracket where you can adjust the angle of the light even after the mount is fitted to the frame with rubber bands. Can't see the bracket on their website but it's the one which comes with the Rapid 3.

I use one which I'm sure came with a Rapid Mini RC fitted to the roof bar on a bike trailer. The replacement to the Rapid Mini RC is the Rapid Mini and comes with a different mount. Fantastic light for the money though!

The Omni 3 & 5 both have a fitting on their mount which allows you to swivel the light a similar way, but they're non-removable. The bracket I'm talking about stays on the bike and the light clips in and out.

The Moon Nebula has a mount with a similar swivel on it (great light, battery life & price not so much).

Back
Top Bottom