so just went for a new job

Soldato
yeah did rosette food when i was younger 10 hrs of prep for a 3 hr service .. bit to old for that now .. but it was fun at the time

Where are you based?

Thats me. End of service on mothers day about to sit down with my family.

20190401_192727

Open Kitchen so no swearies

Thats about the hardest part...lol

Last edited:
Caporegime
Dunno it goes in one end and out the other. As long as it tastes decent then what the hell do I care if it’s frozen or made in a microwave :confused:

It’s food at the end of the day and having been to miller and carters down near where I live a few times, their steaks seem pretty ok. Not that I eat them as they aren’t halal, usually go to meat co for a decent wagyu halal steak lol.

HAz

HAz

Soldato
I’d like to stand in defence of Wetherspoons grub. Our local one serves very good, well priced food indeed, always tastes freshly cooked to me, especially the delish burgers.

Yes I totally agree and i wasn't saying its bad, in fact for the price they are brilliant, I used to go to their Thursday night curry club and it was lovely and a bargain.

Man of Honour
Been to the newbury park m&c and had a great steak there tbh.

Visiting my wife’s cousin, out in the boonies, somewhere past Stanford-Le-Hope, Essex, she took us to M & C at Lakeside, good ambience and enjoyed the steak.
Some months later, my two nephews pitched in and took an American style fridge- freezer from my first floor kitchen, through the verandah doors, down some metal stairs to the rear garden patio, through the ground floor French windows, across the ground floor bedroom into the passage, and into the garage, then did it all in reverse with a brand new one.
To repay them, I took them and their wives to M & C at Crayford, Kent, I thought it was great, and they were well pleased, it was a win-win as far as I could see.

Associate
My local Miller and Carter (Penn Rd, Wolverhampton) used to be an independent restaurant. The Mrs used to rant and rave about it - she went a lot before we met. She eventually convinced me to try it out. It didn't do it for me:

We sat at our table 45 mins later than our booking.

The look of disgust I got from the waitress for asking for a steak knife after my steak was served.

The further look of disgust I got from a different waitress for asking for a clean steak knife, instead of the one with someone else's dinner stuck to it that was originally and begrudgingly presented to me.

Walked out. Never been back. So I'm with the OP, don't rate them.

Soldato
Have been to a few steakhouses, and yet the best steak I've had around here was from The Pepper Mill in Longton - a Marston's carvery. Have been a few times now, and each time the steak has been done to perfection. Just the right amount of of char on the outside, juicy med-rare on the inside and no gristle.

Associate
Miller-Carter-Steakhouse-Restaurants-Experts-in-Steak-Google-Chrome.jpg

Lol

Caporegime
Quite interesting to hear how people here quite like it, but it's still just production line quality.
I guess the cuts/sauce etc are good or something?

Sounds quite profitable

Commissario
I don’t care how the food is prepared, I really don’t. I’ve been to one somewhere around the Stoke area a few times and the food and service have been nothing less than excellent.

Soldato
I'm normally a hotel chef .. but went for a look at a miller carter steakhouse..
ffs it's a McDonalds basically pictures on the walls everything in packets ..
a computer tells you when to put the steak on and when to turn it ..
worst thing .. all 19-23 yr old chavs who in a real kitchen would not know there arse from there elbow .
i said to one ..do you know how to make a sauce .. why m8 it comes in a package (dumb look on his face)
this is a place that charge £6 for a wedge of lettuce with a bit of sauce and bacon bit's .. then £30-£60 for a steak .. ffs whats the world coming to ..
yeah lasted about 30 mins taking the **** out of a few .. finally just said this isn't for me and walked

Flip! Don't go into a Wagamama's then. Nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing they make is fresh.

Soldato
I’d like to stand in defence of Wetherspoons grub. Our local one serves very good, well priced food indeed, always tastes freshly cooked to me, especially the delish burgers.

My local is awful, thought I would give it another try a few weeks ago and felt a £6 burger was overpriced. Like any of the big chains, quality seems to vastly vary between locations.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
I've been to the one in Brighton a few times, each time it's been lovely.

It's not cheap but the service is decent and the food tastes great.

Soldato
I'm normally a hotel chef .. but went for a look at a miller carter steakhouse..
ffs it's a McDonalds basically pictures on the walls everything in packets ..
a computer tells you when to put the steak on and when to turn it ..
worst thing .. all 19-23 yr old chavs who in a real kitchen would not know there arse from there elbow .
i said to one ..do you know how to make a sauce .. why m8 it comes in a package (dumb look on his face)
this is a place that charge £6 for a wedge of lettuce with a bit of sauce and bacon bit's .. then £30-£60 for a steak .. ffs whats the world coming to ..
yeah lasted about 30 mins taking the **** out of a few .. finally just said this isn't for me and walked

That explains why the one in Swindon was so ****!

Went there for a family member's birthday, ordered a £30 odd quid steak, and honestly felt like I could make better at home; with a 'butchers cut' from Morrisons! One of our party even had that lettuce wedge you speak of - it was hilarious when ti came out; like it had literally been thrown together.

Thanks for the insight though, after our own experience, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone - even moreso, off the back of what you found.

Back
Top Bottom