Please will sign my petition

Soldato
I'm a gardener, I mainly cut grass so laying artificial grass would be against the grain anyway.

So, one day I saw a post on facebook saying how good this fake grass was... Then I thought how much oxygen does a lawn produce?

Quick Google says that a avarage size lawn will produce enough oxygen for 1 person. Or a large lawn will produce enough for a family of 3.

It was a quick Google so I don't know if that's facts but not only is this fake grass cutting jobs it's also having other effects.

Caporegime
While I don’t like artificial grass either - WTF is this “creatures can’t survive in the countryside because it is so full of chemicals” BS?

Soldato
The decline of wildlife is a problem, but all the time we build pokey little places with crap gardens, it's only going to get worse.

Yep!! new builds are terrible!!

We live in one of the cheapest areas in the country yet a new build with decent sized garden is over £400k

Most have gardens around 5m x 10m (some smaller) which after a patio doesn't leave much space for grass. Grass needs two important things. Sunlight and rain. You don't get much light on a newbuild due to the height of the house blocking it from the garden.

I'm not sure many on here realise this issue. If you are in an older house where the garden is quite large, you don't have this problem. No point having grass if it dies and turns to moss/sludge.

Yet, despite all this.......every newbuild around me is sold off plan.

Soldato
Signed. You can usually tell the type of person who has fake grass (and no doubt an outdoor corner sofa) by the debadged poverty spec PCP BMW or Audi on the driveway.

Soldato
Signed. You can usually tell the type of person who has fake grass (and no doubt an outdoor corner sofa) by the debadged poverty spec PCP BMW or Audi on the driveway.

drinking expensive coffee, eating £30 steaks and wearing creed aventus?

I really want to sign the petition, but I can understand the reasons why someone would want it. Plus I'm not in favour of telling people what they can and can't do. I'd rather come up with something to make people not want it in the first place. any ideas?

Last edited:
Soldato
Plus I'm not in favour of telling people what they can and can't do. I'd rather come up with something to make people not want it in the first place. any ideas?

(Most) People choose the easy route, not the best route. Designing the garden properly would be better, so its not suitable for grass but it will be suitable for a wide range of shade loving plants. You can create something really special in a small garden but it takes effort.

Associate
I love my artificial lawn. Rather than putting weed killer down and polluting the atmosphere with a petrol mower every week I chose the greener option of a zero maintenance/waste lawn.

As for wildlife, I'm sure the insects appreciate all the potted plants and the birds all the seed from the feeders I have. If not then they can sod off and I'm paving the lot.

Soldato
(Most) People choose the easy route, not the best route. Designing the garden properly would be better, so its not suitable for grass but it will be suitable for a wide range of shade loving plants. You can create something really special in a small garden but it takes effort.

and if you have a small garden with kids?

I know for a fact when we move, our next house will have a huge garden with grass............but not everyone is that fortunate.

Back
Top Bottom