Please will sign my petition

Soldato
I love my artificial lawn. Rather than putting weed killer down and polluting the atmosphere with a petrol mower every week I chose the greener option of a zero maintenance/waste lawn.

As for wildlife, I'm sure the insects appreciate all the potted plants and the birds all the seed from the feeders I have. If not then they can sod off and I'm paving the lot.

@MrBlobby Seeing as you made the petition, how are you responding to the above valid points?

Grass requires many cuts throughout the year, a lot of people have petrol lawnmowers, so that's adding a lot of pollutants into the atmosphere.

It's not exactly clear what you're petitioning against, are you against the use of plastics for artificial grass, or are you against the fact that people are covering their lawns and preventing birds from digging for worms? If the latter then surely your petition should also include those who concrete/pave/stone/deck/<insert other non-grass material> their gardens as well?

Doesn't seem a very well thought out petition to me.

Soldato
“Creatures can’t survive in the countryside because it is so full of chemicals and so they retreat into gardens,” Birds get absolutely nothing from artificial grass, they can’t dig for worms or anything like that. It's a plastic pollutant which will be around for generations.

Maybe you should focus on the chemical issue used on acres of countryside rather than people's gardens which only add up to a small area in any town?

Besides, the birds can go to a neighbours garden who has grass if they want to, not like they are limited on choice or accessibility.

Can't type for toffee
Don
You want to ban artificial grass?! No thanks! Love my fake lawn :)

LOL same here, one of the best things I've done in the rear garden.
Means the kids can play out all year too withtout coming in covered in muck

I'm planting flowers and shrubs at the front for butterflies, bees and wasps.
I've added some of them little bug hotels
I also have bird feeders out
I love my artificial lawn. Rather than putting weed killer down and polluting the atmosphere with a petrol mower every week I chose the greener option of a zero maintenance/waste lawn.

As for wildlife, I'm sure the insects appreciate all the potted plants and the birds all the seed from the feeders I have. If not then they can sod off and I'm paving the lot.

Soldato
@MrBlobby Seeing as you made the petition, how are you responding to the above valid points?

Grass requires many cuts throughout the year, a lot of people have petrol lawnmowers, so that's adding a lot of pollutants into the atmosphere.

It's not exactly clear what you're petitioning against, are you against the use of plastics for artificial grass, or are you against the fact that people are covering their lawns and preventing birds from digging for worms? If the latter then surely your petition should also include those who concrete/pave/stone/deck/<insert other non-grass material> their gardens as well?

Doesn't seem a very well thought out petition to me.
These aren't very good arguments.

People with petrol mowers aren't the same people using artificial grass. You don't petrol mow a postage stamp garden, and you don't artificially turf a big one.

Paving and concreting aren't really a direct substitute for grass. Plastic grass is. Although I would say that excessive paving is also undesirable ecologically.

Back
Top Bottom