Gigabyte Aorus Pro z390 - locked setting

Associate
Hi,

Hoping someone can help before I have to pack things up and send them back, I have setup a new PC with:

i7 9700k
Gigabyte Aorus Pro z390

I am following a gigabyte guide on their bios to make some basic changes on the CPU clock and power settings, but the settings are locked out, I have read to update the bios, which I have now completed perfectly fine to version F9, but still no joy. I assumed it may be a setting on AUTO somewhere that needs changing to allow these changes but the locked out items persist.

Is there a simple option I am missing?

My other thought is that I was sent a non K version of my CPU? I have checked my online order which clearly states it is a K, next step is to get the boxes back from my storage lockup later today and check these, maybe it needs sending back.

Any help and suggestions are much appreciated :)

Associate
it will be an auto option in bios, I don't think you were sent a non K version of cpu. take some pics of what you are seeing in bios and upload them here so everyone can see. with so many options its hard to say which.
I take it you are in advanced bios settings?

Associate
OP
Hi thanks for the responses, I am just about to head out with the kids for the afternoon, will copy the request over to the Aorus thread and post back pics here later for you :)

Associate
OP
Confirmed this is the i7 9700k, just need to find why I cant toggle all the settings on the mobo, will continue to search and post back if I find out :)

Soldato
Confirmed this is the i7 9700k, just need to find why I cant toggle all the settings on the mobo, will continue to search and post back if I find out :)

It would be a 9700k anyway because the 9700 non k version has not been released yet as far as i am aware.

Did you try clearing the CMOS ?

Soldato
not sure if @GIGA-Man , gigabyte rep has been made aware of similar issue ?

friend doesn;t get his pro+ 9700k chip till tomorrow so can have a play around to see if a similar issue appears on his .

Able to enable MCE- Multi Core Enhancement if your after a quick overclock? provided you'd got good cooling should hit 4.9ghz all cores

Associate
OP
Reset cmos as requested by peahead and I am able to change the settings woop woop! Thanks for the help :)

Very strange, but happy days :)

Back
Top Bottom