Anyone had any luck with Corsair support?

Associate
I got an AX850 back in 2012, it died a few years later. I got it RMAed for an AX860. A few years after that the AX860 took out my system and damaged another, so a submitted a damage claim and another RMA to Corsair. This is where the issues with Corsair support starts. I whould submit a ticket or reply asking a series of questions and they would get back to me a few days later and maybe answer one question if I am lucky. I would then reply and this would continue. I finally started to get somewhere and completed the damage form, I have now been waiting almost 2 weeks for a reply and shipping label for the PSU and damaged components. Once I've sent the damaged components off I'll be able to use the new components I purchased in December. It's been numerous months now, if I were to add up all the time I've ben waiting for a reply I'm sure it will be well over 30 days.

Has anyone had any luck with Corsair support, or is there maybe a Corsair rep here somewhere?

Soldato
Only used them once for a PSU that had no receipt. Was hard work but got there in the end after a
bit of arguing.
It was a slow process, but not ridiculously so

Soldato
I got an AX850 back in 2012, it died a few years later. I got it RMAed for an AX860. A few years after that the AX860 took out my system and damaged another, so a submitted a damage claim and another RMA to Corsair. This is where the issues with Corsair support starts. I whould submit a ticket or reply asking a series of questions and they would get back to me a few days later and maybe answer one question if I am lucky. I would then reply and this would continue. I finally started to get somewhere and completed the damage form, I have now been waiting almost 2 weeks for a reply and shipping label for the PSU and damaged components. Once I've sent the damaged components off I'll be able to use the new components I purchased in December. It's been numerous months now, if I were to add up all the time I've ben waiting for a reply I'm sure it will be well over 30 days.

Has anyone had any luck with Corsair support, or is there maybe a Corsair rep here somewhere?

There are a couple of Corsair reps on here. Looks like @CorsairChris is online more frequently. There is also @Corsair Nick but he hasn't been on here since Dec 2018.

Soldato
I have dealt with them twice
one was some ram which went faulty almost immediately after purchase. I had replacement ram in my hands quicker than I ever expected (I think ~7days)
second time was a K65 RGB keyboard that had 2 of the LEDS slightly off in colour compared to the rest. I could not find the receipt at the time and they were not interested as a result.

Associate
Raise a new post on the Corsair User Forums - I had an issue with a keyboard (it got traction and was resolved in the end). Bump the thread if they don't respond. Failing that tweet them.....

Associate
OP
I finally got a response from Corsair, 6 weeks ago I got sent the label and sent in the damaged units, but I still didn't get any responses from Corsair. I posted on the forums, they kept replying but said that the damage claim department is independent and that I needed to contact them directly, I told them that I had and around 3 weeks ago they started ignoring me. But yesterday they finally did send me an email, it is still taking an unreasonable amount of time, but I'll complain about the time wasted when its all finished.

But the issue, or rather decision, I have now is that they have offered me an AXi 1200. But I really do not want the AXi 1200, nor do I want the AXi 860 as they are in affect the same base unit and there are issues associated with them and they got released 7 years ago.

I originally said to them that I did not want an AXi 860 and would rather have an AX 1000, but now since they have offered me a more expensive unit I am not sure if I should take it or request a different unit. If I were to ask for the AX 1000 now I would be losing out, so should I just ask for the unit I wanted or maybe ask for something to make up the difference in value. I just don't want to appear to be chancing my luck. Or I could get the AXi 1200 and just use it, it's not the best PSU ever made but its still decent. Alternatively I could sell the AXi 1200, but then there would be issues and complexities with the guarantee. The 3rd option would be to ask for an AXi 1600, but I really do not need that much power and not to mention that it costs a bit more, although it is a very nice PSU. The issue with the AXi 1600 is that at low loads the AX 1000 has slightly better efficiency, although other metrics might compensate for that. I am just wondering if under 1000w the AX 1000 would be better. Then there is the option of getting the AXi 1600 and selling it.

Basically I am just wanting to request the best option for me and convey legitimate issues regarding the AXi 1200 without coming across as chancing my luck and trying to get a much higher end PSU.

Associate
Only dealt with them once about the drive trays breaking in an old 700D over three months communication no replacements ever arrived put me off corsair until recently when i bought some of their memory which I'm hoping just works when i can assemble new pc i would take the 1200 and call it quits but good luck with it mate

Associate
Iv dealt with corsair a few times over the years there a bit slow but iv always ended up happy at the end.
A few year back they replaced a pair of headphones 3 times each time upgrading them to newer/more expensive ones and finally gave me a full refund and told me to keep the last pair of they sent me.

Back
Top Bottom