What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Bumblebee 3/10

I thought after the opening 10 minutes I was in for a treat, then it went off the boil. Dragged out, and by the end sequence I was that bored I just wanted it to finish.
You can't save a movie by having a good first 10 minutes, and a good last 10 minutes.

Don't know why they don't just replicate the original first episode.

Caporegime
He Never Died. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2386404/

I'm not usually one for comedy when watching movies but when done like this I do tend to enjoy them quite a lot. Much more of a dark drama than comedy but it has its moments.

Well worth watching. The lead character reminded me of JC Denton by way of his responses. :)

I love this movie. The setup is fantastic, and Henry Rollins absolutely rocks the hell out of his character.

:D

Soldato
Pet Sematary

Just genuinely felt like something that was made by a streaming service and not the good kind. I'd save your money and watch it on Netflix down the line.

Permabanned
Can't polish a turd.

Shawshank Redemption was the good one. The rest are pretty forgettable.

The Shining, Geralds Game, Green Mile, Misery, Stand By Me, Salems Lot?? I'm sure there's a plethora of others I'm forgetting too! Though I will say that for every great adaption, there's at least 6 tons of dross.

Associate
Bumblebee 3/10

I thought after the opening 10 minutes I was in for a treat, then it went off the boil. Dragged out, and by the end sequence I was that bored I just wanted it to finish.
You can't save a movie by having a good first 10 minutes, and a good last 10 minutes.
I had literally the opposite experience to you. In the first 2 minutes I couldn't understand why on Cybertron the Transformers were essentially turning into Earth vehicles, and the whole B-127 naming thing (so everyone else has a proper name but our protagonist). But as the film went on I really enjoyed it....sort of like a superhero movie where the main character is a girl who has the special power of a robot buddy, and she gradually learns her place in the world....coming of age kind of thing.

Soldato
Bumblebee - 5/10 - Better than the last few Transformers films but still ends up in two CGI blurs fighting that's filmed/edited so badly you can't see much. However the 80's transformer models were fantastic to see and Hailee did a good job of believably appearing/acting way younger than she is, but the rest of the humans were.... Meh!

The Highwaymen - 7/10 - I really looked forward to this after the trailer and wasn't disappointed. Both leads are perfect for this film and the period set dressing is also perfect. There's a few pacing and direction niggles which lead to an excessive 2hr15 runtime which felt like it dragged towards the end but overall I enjoyed it.

Caporegime
Bumblebee - 5/10 - Better than the last few Transformers films but still ends up in two CGI blurs fighting that's filmed/edited so badly you can't see much. However the 80's transformer models were fantastic to see and Hailee did a good job of believably appearing/acting way younger than she is, but the rest of the humans were.... Meh!

"Way younger"?

A 20 year old (at time of filming) playing 18 isn't much of a stretch!

Associate
The Highwaymen - 7/10 - I really looked forward to this after the trailer and wasn't disappointed. Both leads are perfect for this film and the period set dressing is also perfect. There's a few pacing and direction niggles which lead to an excessive 2hr15 runtime which felt like it dragged towards the end but overall I enjoyed it.

I also watched this and thought it was great, very well done set in the 30's.

Also watched this: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1817273/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

I must have missed it but it was great! recommended.

Back
Top Bottom