Someone fraudulently spent £750 on my card. But I have their mobile number.....

Caporegime
What should I do with it? :p

I have contacted the retailers and my bank and its being sorted, and I've cancelled delivery of the items he ordered... But he cleverly put his mobile number on one of the orders. Hmm...

Caporegime
OP
As many call back services as you can find, with amusing names
Open to recommendations :D
You have their phone number...pull a Mitnick on their ass!
A what what?
It could be someone else's number surely? An innocent bystander.
I suppose it could be... But I assume they put their actual phone number for delivery purposes etc. I have their address too, and can see that there has been a failed attempt to deliver prior to me cancelling the delivery.
Heh heh I can see the number in the edit history...
Give it a ring and find out if they ordered a tablet. :p

Caporegime
OP
Happy 29,000th post.

What did they buy? I'd be asking myself how they got my info.

Lol thanks. A specced up Android tablet on my Google Store account. I assume it will have something to do with my previous thread, where I cleverly infected my PC and all my browsers subsequently stopped working. Because I had 2FA set up on my Google account, but would have been logged in at the time.

"Google Pixel Slate (8th Gen Intel® Core™ m3 Processor 8GB RAM 64GB Storage) Midnight Blue"

Caporegime
Text message:

“Hi, I got your number from (insert most common woman’s name here), she said to keep it quiet but I’ve seen you and i wouldn’t be able to live with myself if I didn’t at least reach out, are you single?”

Go from there. A bit of mind *******

Caporegime
OP
I texted them asking if they are expecting a delivery from the Google Store and made it all flowery saying that we attempted delivery yesterday etc. To see if anyone replies.

Just trying to find out if it is his or her number before doing anything with it... :p

If it is him I'll say I left it in their safe place, and then have some fun with that. Yes I left it in the brown bin. No I'm sure it was brown. Wait you do live at number 5 right? Oh number 3! Sorry its in number 5's bin. They say they haven't got a brown bin? What road name is it again? Oh sorry, I took it to - suchandsuch- Road and left it in their brown bin. You should go and check. What do you mean it's not in there?

Soldato
Report to police for fraud? Might be involved in more than one case.
It's highly unlikely they will do anything with it, investigating fraud is a low priority for most police forces these days.

If the credit card is stolen the chances are the mobile number is stolen as well but given how dumb criminals can be at times I guess there's a small chance the number is the preparatory.

Back
Top Bottom