• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1080 ti dying?

Associate
Hi all,
So i was just browsing the web after some gaming and my inno3d 1080 ti has just started artifacting, (weird space invaders all over my screen) its causing me problems getting back into windows, screen just flashes black when I boot sometimes.
when I do get into windows pink and green artifacting everywhere and my computer locks up after a few mins and i have to power it down.

I've got into safe mode and uninstalled/reinstalled drivers
Tried swapping my ram around
Gave it a good clean out as well to no avail
Tried a different cable etc etc

On it's way out?

Soldato
I had an MSI 1080 Gaming X (non-Ti) that exhibited the exact same symptoms when it was dying, space invaders and all. You might try underclocking the memory if you need to use it for now just for desktop use until you can arrange something else. That was enough to stabilise mine enough for desktop use, though it'd still crash almost instantly in games.

Associate
OP
So the card was sent back and was faulty, ive been told they do not manufacture my inno3d 1080 ti x2 anymore and have been offered a 2080 twin x2 instead, thoughts? they seem pretty neck and neck in benchmarks + the 2080 is a newer card but will i miss the extra vram at 1440p 144hz?

Soldato
So the card was sent back and was faulty, ive been told they do not manufacture my inno3d 1080 ti x2 anymore and have been offered a 2080 twin x2 instead, thoughts? they seem pretty neck and neck in benchmarks + the 2080 is a newer card but will i miss the extra vram at 1440p 144hz?

I'd bite their hand off.

They could have fobbed you off with a partial, much reduced refund, due to usage.

I had this done to me with a faulty MSI mobo, got around 60% of its cost back*.

Still leaves a sour taste when I think about it.

Legal under current laws as well.

*Not OCUK I must add.

Associate
OP
Take the 2080, confirm you have the full warranty first though
I was told that the warranty continues from the original date of purchase so you wouldn't get any extra warranty ontop of what you already have.
I'd bite their hand off.

They could have fobbed you off with a partial, much reduced refund, due to usage.

I had this done to me with a faulty MSI mobo, got around 60% of its cost back*.

Still leaves a sour taste when I think about it.

Legal under current laws as well.

*Not OCUK I must add.
Yep.. I asked what my alternatives would be if I declined the offer he told me a refund but would be far lower than what I paid for the card

I decided to accept it due to this anyway, and the 2080 being a nice card, but only having 2 months left on my warranty it's a bit of a risk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom