Bristol - talk to me

Associate
Go for a pie at Pie Minister just off the centre, then head up Park Street and get a doughnut from Pinkman's for dessert.

Once you've eaten that you're a stone's throw away from Cabot's Tower and some of the best views in Bristol :)

Soldato
If you want something a bit different, the Coconut Tree at the bottom of Gloucester Road does Sri Lankan and it's very good. Burgers wise I go to Atomic Burger although it's a bit out the centre but not too far. Three Bothers burgers is meant to be good although I've not manged to go there yet myself.

Also close to Atomic is Burger Bear which is meant to be good, I've still not got round to going though. Three Brother is good though and is just off Q. Square/King St. so is a nice easy walk for OP.

Last few evenings out with work guys has seen us visiting Loose Cannon which is a cocktail bar but does some very interesting and fun drinks, plus it's 2 for £10 before 7pm.

E: Small Bar on King St. is great, although it does tend to only serve smaller sized beers (huge range though). Alternatively there is of course Brew Dog just down the road by the river/Castle Park too.

Soldato
If you can get to Clifton then Clifton Sausage is well worth a visit (no prizes for guessing what forms the basis of most of their meals).

Heading up Gloucester Road to Zetland Rd junction you have Casa Mexicana.

Associate
Last few evenings out with work guys has seen us visiting Loose Cannon which is a cocktail bar but does some very interesting and fun drinks, plus it's 2 for £10 before 7pm.

E: Small Bar on King St. is great, although it does tend to only serve smaller sized beers (huge range though). Alternatively there is of course Brew Dog just down the road by the river/Castle Park too.

Loose Cannon looks interesting, made a note of it for the next time I'm there.

Small Bar is a good shout. Personally don't mind drinking smaller sized beers from time to time, very similar to Belgium & Blues in Southampton for the much stronger beers.

Soldato
Yeah I don't mind the 2/3rds size beers but some do. Usually they are fairly high percentages though (so also carry a price tag) and are proper beers with actual flavours etc. unlike the usual generic lagers on offer in most pubs/bars.

Associate
Loose Cannon looks interesting, made a note of it for the next time I'm there.

Small Bar is a good shout. Personally don't mind drinking smaller sized beers from time to time, very similar to Belgium & Blues in Southampton for the much stronger beers.

Went to Small Bar on Monday night for dinner, they have a selection of fried chicken, the best I have ever tasted!

Soldato
Oh and if you want really good coffee then I can highly recommend Full Court Press but there are plenty of other good coffee places such as Small Street Espresso, Playground Coffee, Blue Pig Cafe, Dom's Coffee House, Brew Coffee Co, Tradewind Espresso and Triple Co Roast at Elemental.
Bristol is home to many fantastic independent coffee shops and there is no need to visit a chain like Costa, Starbucks etc. as the independents are generally better priced and provide a better experience (drinks, food and service).

Soldato
Swoon for Gelato. Nothing else compares. There are some interesting flavours on the go at the moment such as hot cross bun and carrot cake.

Back
Top Bottom