XFi Xtreme Music & Windows 10 problems!

Associate
Hi all,

As my lenovo office computer doesn't have 5.1 sound for my speakers, I wanted to rescue an old X-Fi Xtreme music PCi which I didn't use for 6 years and plug it to system using Windows 10. The problem is the card is not seen in the system so when I try to install the drivers I get the message "set up is unable to detect a supported product on your system". I have disable the onboard sound but windows can't detect the sound card.

Any thoughts? I have seen there are many more folks having problems with old creative SB products and W10.

cheers

Soldato
Have you tried using Daniel K or PAX drivers?

Been many years since I had that sound card and I only ever used it on XP and Win 7.

I can see PAX are still releasing drivers after a quick search.

Soldato
I cant remember where I got these X-fi drivers from for win10 64bit, but they work flawless with my X-FI Xtreme Music pci card ever since upgrading to win10 about 3-4yrs ago

iclg6e.jpg

Soldato
the card doesn't show on the device manager (it states not sound device or something like that).

I tried other drivers but same message of not finding the sound card in the system!

I didn't really read through your post thoroughly enough, when I posted before.

As bremen1874 said; it doesn't matter what drivers you try using, if Windows can't detect the card. It has to detect the card before any drivers can be installed; otherwise, for all Windows knows, you could be trying to install drivers for something that isn't even connected to the PC.

If you have more than one PCI slot; did you try the card in a different one?

If you've got just the one; try reseating the card a few times.

If it still won't detect it, then it could either a conflict of sorts, or a dead sound card.

Soldato
I have used my x-fi card on a z68 motherboard and now with this z370 motherboard and window 10 has detected it both times with no problems.

Associate
OP
I had the XFi sound card on a shelf for about 6 years so I think that killed it! I also had a SB 5.1 in a box on for 12 years and also windows doesn't see it (so I presume dead also). I friend told me that I could try to discharge them connecting to earth?

In the end I got an audigy2, which I had in a system I didn't turn on for 10 years, and it works okay on W10 (incredible how many computer parts I have around which I didn't sell when I upgraded! what a waste!)

V F

V F

Soldato
I had the XFi sound card on a shelf for about 6 years so I think that killed it! I also had a SB 5.1 in a box on for 12 years and also windows doesn't see it (so I presume dead also). I friend told me that I could try to discharge them connecting to earth?

In the end I got an audigy2, which I had in a system I didn't turn on for 10 years, and it works okay on W10 (incredible how many computer parts I have around which I didn't sell when I upgraded! what a waste!)

I've been on my Audigy 2 ZS since October using the DanielK drivers. 18/12/2015 6.0.301.46

Still sounds as good as the X-Fi Prelude. Cannot believe I've had it since 2003.

Caporegime
Had an xfi something reasonable, for years but it was really annoying and would often just disappear from Windows and require a reseating and driver install. Windows 10 finally killed it for me when they stopped officially supporting it, but I know the danielK drivers are flawless and used them too.

It's in a box somewhere I might drag it out see if I can get it to work.
Tho im very happy with the onboard realtek thing on my aorus z390 board.

I've always had creative soundcards and loved their "sound"

Back
Top Bottom