Worth changing RAM in a ten year old system?

Associate
Somewhere, in a field in cheshire... alright!
Hello all,

Can anyone tell me please if changing from 6GB (3x2GB) Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600Mhz to 12GB (3x4GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600MHz would give a significant boost in more demanding games. I know 6GB is below the minimum required RAM for many games now.

The rest of the system is an i7 3.07 Ghz, ASUS P6X58D-E Mobo. 860 Evo SSD.

Would the Vengeance be OK with this system? I just want a cheap upgrade to get a few more miles from this system if it's worth it.

Thanks a lot.

Permabanned
Can Afterburner show RAM usage while in game?

i use NZXT CAM, that will show ram usage, but i dont need this info to know more is better.
The more ram you have the more files the game will load to it, GTAv will use 6gb of 8gb setup, but will use 9gb of 16gb set up
This is because the more files it can load to ram the faster it can load that info when needed.

using programs to monitor your ram usage will just show you system and the games know how to utilize the ram you have. adding more will be better

Soldato
Can anyone tell me please if changing from 6GB (3x2GB) Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600Mhz to 12GB (3x4GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600MHz would give a significant boost in more demanding games.

That board has 6 RAM slots. Don't remove the 2 GB DIMMS, rather add 3x 4 GB to give yourself 18 GB RAM.

Back
Top Bottom