US: Game of Thrones Season 8 - 14/4/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calm down dear it's only a tv programme :)

I'm as calm as a cucumber m8, I didn't even both watching a single a episode of GOT until last year.
Did the same with Breaking Bad... just watched them back-to-back after they all aired.

Anyone take a day off work tomorrow to watch the episode at 2am? Lol

Yup, watching the 2hr re-cap on Sky now (so many memorable and brutal moments).

Only a hour to go. :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
hmmm didn't feel as well directed as others and just felt i dunno a bit 'different' bit cheesey in places too. lol'ed at the part with bron and the maester about the pox

They are laying things out, getting people in place.
I suspect the death toll, plot twists and betrayals are going to pick-up real quick.

The first two episodes are, respectively, 54 and 58 minutes long.
While the final four episodes of the series are all more than an hour in length.
Episode three is 82 minutes (making it the longest episode of the series), episode four is 78 minutes and the last two are each 80 minutes.

Soldato
i get what they're doing but it did feel not as crisp as others the dragon ride was cheese as was the knight kings 'message' some of the acting wasn't as sharp either

Soldato
hmmm didn't feel as well directed as others and just felt i dunno a bit 'different' bit cheesey in places too. lol'ed at the part with bron and the maester about the pox
I suggest watching S1E1 and then this again; so many echoes. Game of Thrones is all about the long game. :)

I'm not sure we need spoilers in this thread, but just in case...
Having said that, I always have problems with Bran scenes. The less you move, the more acting you have to do, and I've never been convinced by his portrayal. Still, I enjoyed this episode immensely and got a bit emosh when Jaime and Bran's eyes met. They've both been through so much, and Bran wouldn't be the 3 Eyed Raven without him.

I also had to suspend my logistics disbelief... there needs to be some serious bread & fishes type trickery to feed everyone at Winterfell! I'm also intrigued that the Night King must be taking a tour of the North. With an army that doesn't need to eat or sleep he ought to be in Dorne by now. But what the heck, after all the whizzing about physically in season 7, I suspect the Game of Thrones universe just needs to pause and catch its breath a bit. And they probably need the North to cool down a bit more, otherwise their superconducting magic system won't work efficiently.

Soldato
yep echoes of s1e1 but i did feel like the actors had taken their foot off the pedal a tad and at times wanted to be celebrities as oppossed to actors on screen. tyrion and varys' first exchange felt like something they may have said to one another as a joke at a themed award ceremony

Soldato
I suggest watching S1E1 and then this again; so many echoes. Game of Thrones is all about the long game. :)

I'm not sure we need spoilers in this thread, but just in case...
Having said that, I always have problems with Bran scenes. The less you move, the more acting you have to do, and I've never been convinced by his portrayal. Still, I enjoyed this episode immensely and got a bit emosh when Jaime and Bran's eyes met. They've both been through so much, and Bran wouldn't be the 3 Eyed Raven without him.

I also had to suspend my logistics disbelief... there needs to be some serious bread & fishes type trickery to feed everyone at Winterfell! I'm also intrigued that the Night King must be taking a tour of the North. With an army that doesn't need to eat or sleep he ought to be in Dorne by now. But what the heck, after all the whizzing about physically in season 7, I suspect the Game of Thrones universe just needs to pause and catch its breath a bit. And they probably need the North to cool down a bit more, otherwise their superconducting magic system won't work efficiently.
i'm not sure you'll have to suspend, they already raised that in the script as a major problem, so i'm guessing it'll be addressed.
might helped last season if the ****** dragon hadn't done strafing runs on the supply train!

Soldato
so i'm guessing it'll be addressed.
Yes, but who's going to have the guts to tell the Dothraki they'll have to walk home? It's either that or persuade the Unsullied they can fight on one leg. They're used to losing bits, after all.

Having said that, it looks like round one of the coming conflict's imminent, so there will be fewer mouths to feed. And all these foreign troops won't be immunised to Westerosi 'flu, so it's about time disease started to thin the ranks too. In fact my money's on the Night King not having to lift a finger to defeat the King and Queen in the North.

I'd like to see him raise Littlefinger though; I miss the slippery barsteward.

Soldato
Have to say the colour (grey) banding in episode 3 from Sky was terrible at times. The compression in the lighter/mid grey to black areas of the picture looked terrible.

Anyone else get this?

EDIT: Via Sky's HD on an LG 55E7 OLED!

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Have to say the colour (grey) banding in episode 3 from Sky was terrible at times. The compression in the lighter/mid grey to black areas of the picture looked terrible.

Anyone else get this?

Make sure u watch it on TV with HD. It was really really dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom