Have GPU, heatsink, PSU, SSD and HDD. Need others.

Associate
Long story short, I gave my nephews an ivybridge PC for christmas to replace their Trinity FM2 system and the motherboard was killed somehow (damaged sata ports at least and milk stains in the case???, lesson learnt)

Parts I have are an RX480, hyper 212 Evo, Seasonic g 550, SSD and HDD.
The parts I want to replace are the Case, Motherboard, CPU, Ram. Decent enough to play modern games (and warcraft) while being great bang for the buck, which im just terrible at doing.
Here's my attempt anyway.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £439.18 (includes shipping: £12.30)​

Soldato
I would cut back some expense on the case and get the 2600X (cheap shopping around) a better motherboard (450) to enable overclocking and better VRMs for future Ryzen updates:

Soldato
Better motherboard, can overclock and decent VRMs (as mentioned beneficial for future Ryzen releases). I've included the 2600 but 2600X can be picked up cheaply and addded 3200MHz memory - as you may get lucky...

* Case is a place holder for example purposes but is a quality case for the money.

Total: £446.22 (includes shipping: £12.30)

Soldato
As Plec said, shop around abit, but here is my 2 min attempt. The Tomahawk is arguable the lowest you want to go on a mobo, semi decent with a little future proofing. Any thing lower yes you are saving but you will just end up re-buying down the line.

Total: £454.18 (includes shipping: £12.30)

Associate
Unfortunatly it is urgent, so i'll go with this. Thanks everyone.

Yeah go with the tomahawk and you can always upgrade to Ryzen 3 down the line with a simple drop in of the new CPU. Thats exactly what Ive done when my MB went pop and meant I had to buy stuff right now and couldn't wait for Ryzen 3 to be released.

Back
Top Bottom