Is the linked ladder suitable for what I need?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Commissario
... alternatively, is this ladder I've specced suitable?

I don't know much about ladders except they allow me to go up and work on my aerials. The ladder I'd borrowed from my now deceased next door neighbour many years ago and which he gave me saying "You may as well keep it and if I ever need it, I'll borrow it back" has been taken by a relative of his wife saying that he was promised it. He's telling complete lies but I'm not going to rock the boat, it's not worth the bother.

As I know little about ladders, will this do me? Standard two story house, all I ever do is go up to the level of the gutter or lean it against my radio mast to remove the restraining bracket. I have nearly enough Nectar points and figured this could be a sensible use for them.

It might seem like a pretty dumb 'spec me' but all I've ever done with a ladder is lean it up and climb it!

Soldato
I made a mistake when speccing my ladder. I measured the height of roof and ordered accordingly. However i didn't account for the fact that a ladder is at an angle and therefore it was a couple of feet too short ! So whatever the height it is to your roof add a good few feet.

Soldato
It might seem like a pretty dumb 'spec me' but all I've ever done with a ladder is lean it up and climb it!
Just make sure you get someone to hold the bottom of the ladder

I had a pretty bad fall from close to 2 storeys up after a ladder slipped out from under me about 15 years ago..Which to this day makes me now very nervous every time am up a ladder..

Commissario
You having a laugh? 3.67m for £160?

When you get a 7.96m with wide foot for a tenner more?

https://www.laddersandscaffoldtower...rFNsXUhHnecmXPTg-atANJt0rX6YjOKsaAkHeEALw_wcB

That ladder you linked is wobbly, dangerous, and far too expensive for what it is. Buy the one I linked and use the nectar points for other stuff.
I used them a while back for a multi purpose ladder, they were very good with customer support when one of the packages was damaged in transit (losing the fittings for the stand off).

the ladder levelling pack is quite handy as well.

Commissario
No wonder ladders get nicked, a lot of money for a bit of metal O_O
There is a fair amount of engineering and materials involved in a good ladder, add to that you don't tend to buy many of them so the cost doesn't drop like it does for many mass manufactured items where you are selling hundreds of thousands/millions of the same model yearly.
We've still got two extending ladders (about 5m and 7m) from when my dad used them for his work ~30 years ago, I'm not sure I'd trust them at height for working on any more but they're still visibly in good shape despite having 10+ years of daily use and being stored in and outside the garage for the last 25 years.

I've got a step ladder, i never knew my real ladder :(

:D
*groans*

Back
Top Bottom