USB-C Case recommendations?

Soldato
I'm now looking at sourcing components for building a new desktop station (Most probably Ryzen 3 based).

Ideally what I am looking for in a case is as follows:

- Most importantly, Good airflow.
- I currently have a Vega 56 pulse card which is a tight fit in my current case but may update card down the line so a bit extra space would be good.
- Ideally under £200
- Have a USB-C on the front panel.
- Enough height for an aftermarket air cooler such as the Noctua or Dark rock coolers.
- No interest in RGB at all.

My ideal case would be the Meshify-C with the updated I/O USB-C port.

Last edited:

Klo

Klo

Soldato
Similar, I want Fractal to release a Meshify C2 with updated front IO. It's been 2 ish years since the first came out, surely its time for a refresh!

Soldato
OP

Thanks for the links. I shall have a look into each one more closely on my lunch break.

I've also noticed the Meshify S2 but it is quite a bit larger than the Meshify C and about £40 more expensive.

Soldato
Thanks for the links. I shall have a look into each one more closely on my lunch break.

I've also noticed the Meshify S2 but it is quite a bit larger than the Meshify C and about £40 more expensive.

also... Lian Li Dynamic but... you get no fans for £115.. just 2 pieces of glass and one of the best cases out here

Soldato
OP
I sent a query to Fractal designs regarding an updated meshify C and this is the response I got.

I would love to answer your question, but due to company policies, all I can give you is this boring copy-pasted response:
We understand why it would be nice to get advance product plans for Fractal Design (and all companies for that matter).
However, all of us here at Fractal Design Support are not allowed to comment on any potential products or potential revisions of existing products until products have been officially announced. Nor can we comment on when existing products are slated to be discontinued or placed on sale.
The best advice we can offer is to keep an eye out on our Facebook and Twitter for the latest on new product announcements.

Soldato
I sent a query to Fractal designs regarding an updated meshify C and this is the response I got.

I would love to answer your question, but due to company policies, all I can give you is this boring copy-pasted response:
We understand why it would be nice to get advance product plans for Fractal Design (and all companies for that matter).
However, all of us here at Fractal Design Support are not allowed to comment on any potential products or potential revisions of existing products until products have been officially announced. Nor can we comment on when existing products are slated to be discontinued or placed on sale.
The best advice we can offer is to keep an eye out on our Facebook and Twitter for the latest on new product announcements.

computex then

https://www.vortez.net/news_story/f...efine_s2_vision_and_dynamic_x2_pwm_black.html

Last edited:
Associate
I also wanted a meshify with usb c but ended up going for a S2 when they dropped in price and see if I can mod the front (or if they sell a meshify frame that can clip into the S2)

Soldato
OP
I also wanted a meshify with usb c but ended up going for a S2 when they dropped in price and see if I can mod the front (or if they sell a meshify frame that can clip into the S2)

I think the Meshify with a few extra bits like USB-C would be ideal.
I'll need to see what size my existing case is actually for reference. Some of the cases linked look massive compared to others.

Soldato
OP
I have the Define S2 which seems to meet your requirements. I'm very impressed with it.

Hi Andy, I did have a good look at that case and it does fit everything I want but it just seems a bit too big.
I currently have an old Coolermaster case that has 3 x 5.25 bays and some space free inside, The S2 is larger than my existing case which I find a bit on the large side also.

Soldato
Hi Andy, I did have a good look at that case and it does fit everything I want but it just seems a bit too big.
I currently have an old Coolermaster case that has 3 x 5.25 bays and some space free inside, The S2 is larger than my existing case which I find a bit on the large side also.

That's fair enough. As far as I can remember it's a mid tower case so to me it's not particularly big :D Just set up a watercooling loop and 2x 360 radiators in mine zit was a joy to work with the case and it looks very clean and understated from the outside.

Soldato
OP
Hmm, I am look at the In Win 101C again. I initially wrote it off due to having the PSU at the top but it may work out better due to being able to draw air in from under neath for the GPU.

Soldato
Hmm, I am look at the In Win 101C again. I initially wrote it off due to having the PSU at the top but it may work out better due to being able to draw air in from under neath for the GPU.

Hey,

I have exact the same case requirements as you. I was pretty sold on the NZXT H510 because apart from the tempered glass which I have no interest in, it has the perfect looks for me. Unfortunately it runs a bit hot.

The Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic is nice, but I have a Noctua DH-15S which is 10mm too tall :/

Have you decided on a case yet?

Soldato
OP
Hey,

I have exact the same case requirements as you. I was pretty sold on the NZXT H510 because apart from the tempered glass which I have no interest in, it has the perfect looks for me. Unfortunately it runs a bit hot.

The Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic is nice, but I have a Noctua DH-15S which is 10mm too tall :/

Have you decided on a case yet?

Hey, I did. I went with the Lian Li Lancool II. It had everything I was after and wasn't too bad a price for it.

Soldato
Hey, I did. I went with the Lian Li Lancool II. It had everything I was after and wasn't too bad a price for it.

Thanks! I'll check it out. I had a look at the dimensions very quickly and it's not too big so it's worth exploring further.

I didn't realise this thread was a year old, whoops :eek:

Back
Top Bottom