I received a really bizarre letter at my business today

Soldato
Grimsby.. Cleethorpes.

There onto me!

Also slightly concerning that its getting mailed all over the country is it not?
Check local cafe's and bars nearby ellie wouldnt suprise me if most shops in marketplace have one if there just mass mailing this junk

Edit.. Theres someone who does a similar thing to request brochures of cars etc all the time i see it regularly come up, Nothing malitious about it they just send a odd letter like this and get a brochure sent out. Repeat yearly. From whats known there mentally ill

Associate
A few months back 8 houses on our road including me got a similar letter but it was from a janet wright and she was searching for some bloke with a german shepherd i(didn't narrow it down much as there are a lot of GS owner's where i live) i only read the first page and that did my head in funny\stupid letters seem quite common now though i don't understand why.

Soldato
Having worked a lot with people who have autism, this is relatively typical of their thought processes. Most people might not express themselves in this way, but she is not "crazy," "mental" and certainly doesn't need reporting to the police! She clearly has a particular interest in Mr hinds but doesn't have the social skills or filter to be able to express how she feels to anyone else so has gone for a scattergun approach.

Associate
So I work in two churches in Yorkshire near Rotherham, got one Of these letters a couple of months back when it was sent to a vicarage, and just got another today as it was sent to my other vicar (wast delivered by the postman as he turned up after the letter was dropped off).

Decided to look it up as the language they’ve used is the absolute trademark for code-words. Weird out of place idioms and things like that; “between the devil and the deep blue sea.” “I like cats.”

Also the whole thing where she says her name is Sinéad in Irish and then says it’s Jane Wright?

At first I tried lining up all the spelling errors to see if they created a sentence which was probably a bit extreme. :p

So then I googled and asked a mod to reopen this thread haha

Pls help

Soldato
So I work in two churches in Yorkshire near Rotherham, got one Of these letters a couple of months back when it was sent to a vicarage, and just got another today as it was sent to my other vicar (wast delivered by the postman as he turned up after the letter was dropped off).

Decided to look it up as the language they’ve used is the absolute trademark for code-words. Weird out of place idioms and things like that; “between the devil and the deep blue sea.” “I like cats.”

Also the whole thing where she says her name is Sinéad in Irish and then says it’s Jane Wright?

At first I tried lining up all the spelling errors to see if they created a sentence which was probably a bit extreme. :p

So then I googled and asked a mod to reopen this thread haha

Pls help

Help with what? There's no way anyone on here knows where you put your recycling :p

Back
Top Bottom