• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Bought a < £60 1050ti from China. Let's see what it's all about.

Soldato
so are these easy to flash back to the proper bios as ive been scammed with one...……….I got over half my money back to sso just want to use it as a normal gfx card in the kids box for light games...…...problem is the 1050i bios makes all the games think it can run at high level so it normally just boots the games then grinds to a stop by default...……..unless you can quickly get into the game and lower settings.....unreal from steam runs fine......

Soldato
anyone help as i bought this for a nephews pc and would be nice to at least use it for basic desktop and roblox stuff......i have googled but it seems inconclusive.

Man of Honour
OP
anyone help as i bought this for a nephews pc and would be nice to at least use it for basic desktop and roblox stuff......i have googled but it seems inconclusive.

It can probably be salvaged. It is total junk though and you should just get a refund and use it for soldering practice. I can help you flash it with a bios that will work, the problem you are seeing is that the card thinks it has more ram than it actually does so ends up crashing the card. You would probably be a ton better off with a rx550 2gb or 4gb in reality and you can pick one up in the MM for £50.

Last edited:
Soldato
You can buy dedicated mining 1060ti's from China, for £50, that are legit. They don't have display ports on them, though. However, through an easy Nvidia driver edit and using your onboard monitor output, they work as normal. If I actually needed one, I'd be tempted to check it out!

Man of Honour
See post #99.

If it is like earlier in the thread then it is probably a "550" chip on what was originally a GTS450 board and potentially you can't just flash a 400/500 series firmware on it as it might be one of the ugly "600" series that is actually Fermi that are seen in some mobile devices and desktop in certain regions.

Back
Top Bottom