Battlefield V

Soldato
Liking firestorm so far, Managed to get two wins in a row last night, Second win there was only two of us from the 40 player mark.

Was a tactical masterclass.

Soldato
Really struggling to get in to this in any mode, not sure why... Firestorm is just meh, it's just another BR game in a slightly different setting, nothing about it stands out.

Perhaps I'm just too old and grumpy nowadays to appreciate it :p

Soldato
Really struggling to get in to this in any mode, not sure why... Firestorm is just meh, it's just another BR game in a slightly different setting, nothing about it stands out.

Perhaps I'm just too old and grumpy nowadays to appreciate it :p

No I think a lot of people are the same, even many long-time BF fans. My mate and I have barely touched this since we both got it at Christmas, and have been really disappointed with how unremarkable Firestorm feels to play.

Soldato
It’s definitely not as addictive as the earlier battlefields, there’s just something missing.

I’ve been playing BF4 again a fair bit recently. There’s still loads of players on PS4. You get so many more ‘Only in Battlefield’ moments in BF4. I think choppers help! :)

Soldato
No I think a lot of people are the same, even many long-time BF fans. My mate and I have barely touched this since we both got it at Christmas, and have been really disappointed with how unremarkable Firestorm feels to play.
You've nailed it I think, it is unremarkable...

It’s definitely not as addictive as the earlier battlefields, there’s just something missing.

I’ve been playing BF4 again a fair bit recently. There’s still loads of players on PS4. You get so many more ‘Only in Battlefield’ moments in BF4. I think choppers help! :)
Me too, played BF4 right after playing this and it's just so much better in every way. Choppers do help, there's nothing quite like taking them all out with mobile AA! I certainly can't fly the damn things :p

Associate
I'm still enjoying this but can totally see where people are coming from. I almost think BF4 was the sweetspot and they're going to struggle to match it now. That said, if they'd just tweak a few of the annoyances (add new assignments without having to quit out to the first menu screen?!?!) and add some new maps, I'll happily still play for a while longer yet.

Regarding firestorm, really not fussed whatsoever. I played fortnite the first 2 months it was out, that was enough battle royale for me (personal opinion of course).

Associate
Think I'm done with BFV, I played the absolute crap out it since release but lack of new maps is really starting to make things stale. Had a few rounds of firestorm but br games aren't really my thing. I've not played for a week and have no real desire or urge to fire it up at the moment. It's a shame as I feel the gunplay and some of the mechanics were the best of any battlefield game I've played.

Last edited:
Soldato
Think I'm done with BFV, I played the absolute crap out it since release but lack of new maps is really starting to make things stale. Had a few rounds of firestorm but br games aren't really my thing. I've not played for a week and have no real desire or urge to fire it up at the moment. It's a shame as I feel the gunplay and some of the mechanics were the best of any battlefield game I've played.

I'm going back to BF1 and rebutting BF4. I still love playing V but as said, the map layouts and lack of new maps is disappointing.

Soldato
Going from the website, there will be 2 new maps coming may and June. There's been no infor yet other than some artwork on the chapter details and the name.

Greece map: Join a massive aerial invasion along the Cretan coast. The Allied side is desperate to cling to the island under attack by the Axis, attempting to break through the British defenses air superiority and paratroops. This map brings all-out war defined by a power struggle between tank control versus air superiority.

Associate
i picked this up for my lad at the weekend . i like it so much so that i think i will sell his disc and get the download so we can both play it , is the delude version worth it ?

Back
Top Bottom