Ramadan Mubarak

Associate
I asked this question on an Islamic forum. I never got a proper response. Instead most people would shy away from such questions; like I was possessed.

"Today we have to fasting begins at 3.40am, just before Fijr (dawn prayer) . The Sun rises at 5.21am.
Why do we need to begin the fast more than one and a half hours before sunrise?"

Soldato
I asked this question on an Islamic forum. I never got a proper response. Instead most people would shy away from such questions; like I was possessed.

"Today we have to fasting begins at 3.40am, just before Fijr (dawn prayer) . The Sun rises at 5.21am.
Why do we need to begin the fast more than one and a half hours before sunrise?"
I was under the impression it started at dawn, rather than sunrise.

Associate
I was under the impression it started at dawn, rather than sunrise.
I see. So fasting is between the times of dawn to sunset, and not sunrise to sunset.
Thank you very much, now it appears to make sense to me.
Sadly, I asked this question on an Islamic forum and we crucified for uttering such words. No room for free speech.

Associate
Ramadan is my favourite time of the year living out here in Saudi - LED decorations out, parties everywhere, great food etc!

Last year I completed all the fasts but I don't particularly like Ramadan as it is a hindrance. In the UK the days in May and June are very long.

Back
Top Bottom