Samsung 49'' inch monitor (CRG9) release date 22 April and cost about 1.400£

Associate
Thanks please keep me updated if you dont mind :) really want this monitor:)

I put mine in on Thursday after chatting with their support line. The person said 30 on order and 13 had just come in but were already allocated to pre-orders. So I'd hazard a guess you and I might be on the next batch

Soldato
I gave that app a quick go but tbh had no idea what it was doing. I cycled through all of the tests and some screens were ridiculously bright. I didn't see any 'score' but the numbers in the corner showed HDR10: 1023. Do I just need to start it and leave it running for a while?

You can turn up and down the hdr level until you can detect no difference. At which point you can see the peak capability of the monitor. The patterns are to see if one area of lighting bleeds into another.

Imy

Imy

Soldato
I find the window docking features built into Windows 10 to be quite poor for a screen this size. I tried using Samsung's 'Easy Setting Box' software but found it to be unreliable and it left gaps between windows. I'm currently using WinDock and can recommend it. It's very configurable and easy to use; although could be easier to configure.

With regards to HDR, I have for the moment decided to disable it in Windows as:
a) I think desktop apps look better (more consistent) without it when multi-tasking (which is most of the time)
b) having it enabled, disables the 'Eye Saver Mode' option in the monitor's settings which I will likely use far more often than HDR

Associate
I find the window docking features built into Windows 10 to be quite poor for a screen this size. I tried using Samsung's 'Easy Setting Box' software but found it to be unreliable and it left gaps between windows. I'm currently using WinDock and can recommend it. It's very configurable and easy to use; although could be easier to configure.

With regards to HDR, I have for the moment decided to disable it in Windows as:
a) I think desktop apps look better (more consistent) without it when multi-tasking (which is most of the time)
b) having it enabled, disables the 'Eye Saver Mode' option in the monitor's settings which I will likely use far more often than HDR

Have you tried using ot as two separate monitors with the PBP feature. I know it disables hdr and freesync but for non gaming usage it might work well.

Imy

Imy

Soldato
Considered using PbP but if you look at the manual, you'll see that it disables far more than just HDR and Freesync when using it. For my uses, I decided using Remote Desktop or similar alongside a decent window manager (WinDock) is a better and neater solution when needing to hook-up multiple sources.

Imy

Imy

Soldato
Came across a couple alternatives to WinDock which I've not had the chance to try yet but look good:

AquaSnap - Looks simple to use and with more features than WinDock. Free version limited to personal use and one monitor and missing a few features of the paid version ($18)
DisplayFusion - Fully featured multi-monitor management software but looks like the free version is missing many features of the paid version ($29). I doubt anyone will be running a multi-monitor setup with this monitor included so many of the features will probably go to waste.

Associate
Well,
Shame i will to buy was i get back from holiday
it’s Tuesday and I’ve not had a dispatch notice, so presume as others have said it’s not out of stock and awaiting next batch into the warehouse. Shame as I got rid of my iMac that i was using as a separate display last Saturday. At least I’m away for a couple of days a week for the next few weeks any way so won’t miss not having a second screen that much.

Will update when I get a shipping notice.

Associate
Here’s the response i’ve had, I knew i should have pre-ordered it a couple of weeks ago.

I have taken a look into the ETA for you and unfortunately we currently have not been given a date from our supplier. As soon as we receive a date we will put it online

Associate
Here’s the response i’ve had, I knew i should have pre-ordered it a couple of weeks ago.

I have taken a look into the ETA for you and unfortunately we currently have not been given a date from our supplier. As soon as we receive a date we will put it online

That's a shame. Oh well. I'll wait until they are more readily available:)

Associate

Dang it. Well hopefully it'll be a couple of weeks and not too long a wait.

Associate
I' seriously interested in picking one of these up for my sim rig. Could someone who already has one post the depth of the screen when it is VESA mounted. So the distance from the front of the VESA mount to the front of the screen. I want it to fit into a gap behind my wheel but need to know it will fit before I pull the trigger. Any help would be much appreciated.

Associate
Spoke to them yesterday, they said their suppliers should be getting stock in today, they are expecting to be able to deliver mid week. I put my order in there and then, I cant wait :)

Back
Top Bottom