**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Soldato
Screenshot-20190507-163029-Settings.jpg

Happy with that on my s10e exynos.

Associate
What made you go back out of interest? I've just left the apple ship. :(

Mainly app polish, FaceTime, iMessage, my Mac/iPad integration - what I found was, after all the tinkering, all the customisation, playing with all the sub settings and doing things I couldn’t like split screen etc. I then start using it for primary things like - calls, texts browsing and using the same apps so it doesn’t really matter which I use because just doing my primary tasks the iPhone does it slightly better with the polish.

Battery got much much better following the last update, too.

Soldato
Mainly app polish, FaceTime, iMessage, my Mac/iPad integration - what I found was, after all the tinkering, all the customisation, playing with all the sub settings and doing things I couldn’t like split screen etc. I then start using it for primary things like - calls, texts browsing and using the same apps so it doesn’t really matter which I use because just doing my primary tasks the iPhone does it slightly better with the polish.

Battery got much much better following the last update, too.

I'm no fanboy, until I had to switch I was iOS through and through but let's be clear, you're not talking about polish so much as ecosystem lock in.

The "polish" of facetime, iMessage and Mac integration isn't better with iOS, it's non existent on Android.

They're fabulous apps no doubt but you don't have a worse iMessage experience on Android. You just don't have one.

Move to WhatsApp and you've got parity, maybe even better on Android but that's not the same as asking your friend network to move over or start using text messaging again because you've changed phones :)

Soldato
Battery life on my S10+ is pretty good to be fair - I use it all day for work and I think I've only had to charge it mid-evening once because it's run out of battery. Most times I'm getting to the end of the day still with 15-20% available.

Associate
For what it's worth I'm somewhat in the industry and have a lot of headphones, in my in ear collection I've got stuff like Jabra sport pulse and coach, AKG N200s, a bunch of Shures, Jays Q Jays etc etc. I also have some of the second gen Icon X.

My buds have just replaced the lot as my go to for work and the gym.. personally I think the killer bit is the weight, I struggled to make use of the Icon X because they wouldn't stay put (even when I bought some comply true wireless tips) and kept basically going on standby when they thought they weren't in my ears. Then for the gym I actually wound up using some motorola neckbuds because I didn't like how the cord on the jabras kept sort of moving round one side of my neck and sticking when I was sweaty.

Thanks very much for this post. My free buds have finally arrived today and I've been wondering whether to open them since I have a pair of Shure SE535s which I love. I find the Shures a little bit fiddly to get in and get a proper seal with so they're not ideal for casual listening, think I'll definitely give the buds a go now :)

Soldato
Thanks very much for this post. My free buds have finally arrived today and I've been wondering whether to open them since I have a pair of Shure SE535s which I love. I find the Shures a little bit fiddly to get in and get a proper seal with so they're not ideal for casual listening, think I'll definitely give the buds a go now :)

Yeah I mean they're triple driver monitors right? So don't expect the buds to get to that level but certainly for the gym etc they're more than good enough.

Soldato
I got mine delivered at least a month ago. Last year on Idiegogo I backed (think it was ~£75 at the time) the Mobvoi TicPods which i like and been using. But since i got the buds they're the only ones i'm using.

The fitting of the buds for me is so much better and basically don't have any worries about either one falling out (unlike when i used the TicPods). I mostly listen to podcasts/radio so sounds perfectly fine for me and think they're great. Nice size as well, was surprised how much smaller the case and buds were.

I also find them to respond far better to the controls than what the TicPods offer. Still not sure if that's a phone/os thing since i got the 10+, but just my experience with these 2.

Soldato
Somehow I managed to eke out 3 days on a single charge :D

Admittedly Tues and Wednesday I didn't get to use my phone much at work and I used most of the charge on Thursday whilst I was on a day off, but it does show me that even with a bigger screen off battery drain on the Exynos cpu, it can still last reasonably well.

Soldato
As much as I think the SE10 is a great phone. I'm sadly too far trapped in the apple ecosystem. I am missing the likes of iMessage/facetime, and the continuity on my devices.

Its a shame because I really like android/SE10.

Caporegime
As much as I think the SE10 is a great phone. I'm sadly too far trapped in the apple ecosystem. I am missing the likes of iMessage/facetime, and the continuity on my devices.

I’ve been out of iOS for 6 months and coping but iOS does have some definite plus points. I’ve managed to wreck my Pocophone so using my wife’s old iPhone 6 and going back to iOS even on old hardware the experience is still slick. I’ve spent two weeks oscillating between what to buy next. I think I’ve bought and cancelled or returned about 7 phones so far!

Soldato
I’ve been out of iOS for 6 months and coping but iOS does have some definite plus points. I’ve managed to wreck my Pocophone so using my wife’s old iPhone 6 and going back to iOS even on old hardware the experience is still slick. I’ve spent two weeks oscillating between what to buy next. I think I’ve bought and cancelled or returned about 7 phones so far!

I've always liked both iOS and Android. They both have pros and cons. The issue with me is as much as I dislike the "locked down, no fuss" iOS experience there is no doubt about it that it simply works, and it does it really well. The apps whilst being the same, they just seem much better in iOS. I think the fluidity adds to that.

I love the hardware the SE10 has. Its a brilliant package for not much money in this day of smartphones and flagships.

If apple could have a phone which had great hardware such as the SE10, with iOS and a sensible price we'd be onto a winner I think.

I also have a bit of a concern with Google privacy. I find it quite a coincidence whenever I've spoken to someone via text about products or certain services I get advertisements for them. Or even when speaking in person.

Man of Honour
The only annoying thing is not being able to choose the wide lens when using pro mode as I save the RAW files that way. There are other camera apps that are supposed to be able to use raw mode too and retain the use of the wide lens too so might give them a try.

Caporegime
FUUUUUUUU

The rear camera glass strip on my S10e has somehow managed to shatter, no idea how or when! Anyone know if replacing this glass strip should be a relatively simply fix or if I am looking at big bucks? :(

Associate

There's an app called AirMessage for Android that syncs with your mac and allows you to have "imessage" on an Android phone. Give that a look.

Soldato
There's an app called AirMessage for Android that syncs with your mac and allows you to have "imessage" on an Android phone. Give that a look.

Or just move to WhatsApp. Release yourself from the guilded cage then you can go back and forth at will depending on who has the best phone in the cycle?!

Back
Top Bottom