**** The Official OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/201...stest-best-designed-best-value-android-phone/

"OnePlus 7 Pro Review—The fastest, best-designed, best-value Android phone"

Lots of info in here. 90hz uses about 14% more battery than 60hz. Web test (i.e screen on) @ 90hz lasted 642 mins. Camera is excellent but the Pixel is better. Fingerprint scanner is better than the 6t. Storage bench marks are much faster than the S10

Associate
Its a shame we have to pay more compared to the US which starts of at $669 which is around £520. I got a feeling the camera won't be that good, probably behind the Mi 9.

And now the accessories are priced high and referrals are only £10. They're releasing the OP7 in June hoping to tempt everyone for the Pro.

S10/+ can be had way cheap now if you import from eGlobal Central. I know people have their reservations but I bought from them with no problems.

Speaking about S10+ I spoke to him yesterday and he will be dropping the OP7 Pro vs S10+ Camera Comparison today.

Soldato
Its a shame we have to pay more compared to the US which starts of at $669 which is around £520.

S10/+ can be had way cheap now if you import from eGlobal Central. I know people have their reservations but I bought from them with no problems.

Speaking about S10+ I spoke to him yesterday and he will be dropping the OP7 Pro vs S10+ Camera Comparison today.

VAT adds 20% so thats why it's more than US.

S10/+ from eglobal with zero warranty in EU unless you return to eGlobal at your own cost. It's basically the same price (s10+ is £649 for the 128gb version) and most people won't order from there with zero warranty. Cheapest UK is £770 for the 128gb version so it's a bit unfair saying it's the same costs as a samsung when it's only the same cost as an imported one with zero EU warranty and less storage.

Soldato
So the new mi will use a 855 and call it k20? Or am I reading between the lines too much?

I do like the new one plus pro it seems great even for that price.

Soldato
I found another review where the SoT appears to be 5-5½ hours. Since this metric is important to me, it's enough to stop me buying the phone.

What I really wanted was the OnePlus version of Android, since I'm getting a bit bored of iOS. I've had a play with the P30 Pro and found it sluggish and most people report the Huawei interpretation of Android to be somewhat lacking, so it was Oxygen OS I wanted to try as everyone agrees it's lightning fast. For me, the ideal phone would have also had a smaller screen (6.1-6.3 inches) and a better camera. For some reason the normal Oneplus 7 doesn't appeal.

Permabanned
I have had iPhone for years and this phone is really tempting me away. I use my Apple Watch all the time and AirPods, what equivalent is there?

Back
Top Bottom