Cheapest way to get an exchange email server?

Bry

Bry

Associate
The thing is, with that plan you cannot use Exchange webmail which is the main point of it right?

Yes you can

"
  • For web-client access, Outlook on the web provides a premium browser-based experience that matches the look and feel of the full Outlook client
"

Soldato
OP
Yes you can

"
  • For web-client access, Outlook on the web provides a premium browser-based experience that matches the look and feel of the full Outlook client
"

Apologies.

The full plan mentions having Exchange as a service, any idea what that means?

I thought meant calendar and other synch guff but the basic plan includes that also.

Soldato
OP
Yep. I've only got 5 domains setup in my tenant but I believe the maximum is 900 though it's been some time since I checked that.

Thanks. 900 rings a bell now you mention it.

I have 5 seperate domains with 5 users but need to join them up so to speak with shared calendar and the like and I know there are "cheaper" ways but Exchange just works in that sense IMO.

Caporegime
Business Essentials gives you access to a bunch of web apps, OneDrive storage etc. Exchange Online is just a mailbox.

Soldato
I considered Business Essentials but I don't need Sharepoint, Skype for Business or Yammer and already have plenty of cloud storage from my Dropbox account. The Office web apps aren't all that good either unless you're storing your stuff in SharePoint or OneDrive.

Back
Top Bottom