The Division 2 - March 2019

Soldato
i see mention of checking reddit for builds but is there anywhere else worth looking - reddit makes my old man eyes bleed! i've just picked this up and want to concentrate properly on builds this time. in TD1 i just ended up with a mishmash of 'parts' which left me a whole heap disadvantaged a lot of the time.

Associate
Looks like no matchmaking on the raid, wtf. If this is correct then a lot of players will never play it.

Yeah it's ridiculous, gutted as after a little break I was looking forward to some hard content.

Why they didn't include it as an option is beyond me. People that want to lfg could do that and clans could do their thing, wins all round.

They're looking into it now apparently so that's good.

Associate
Maybe we could sort the clans in to frequent players & not so frequent players. I'm in ocuk2 and can't remember when I saw more than 5 players online.

Soldato
Yeah it's ridiculous, gutted as after a little break I was looking forward to some hard content.

Why they didn't include it as an option is beyond me. People that want to lfg could do that and clans could do their thing, wins all round.

They're looking into it now apparently so that's good.

MM and LFG are very different. Marcostyles team is struggling with 8 geared players so imagine that with no mics and no guarantee what gear people had via MM like strongholds. At least in LFG discords and stuff people might have a clue.

Seeing this raid now - if it had MM right now there would be more complaints, and its normal, there is a casual and heroic to come

Soldato
We had a good blast at it tonight, think we must have been at it for 4+ hours, some even longer. Couldn't get the boss down below half health, we're suspecting now that it's a timed/DPS thing where you've gotta inflict maximum damage before the boss destroys the turrets.

Great fun though, really hope they don't nerf it for those complaining about how difficult it is.

Soldato
I can see them nerfing raids tbh.

The Div2 forums are full of people whining about no MM in raids, which yes i can agree with. We had situations last night where a player or two would have to leave and then trying to find someone else to take their place. MM would make this easier.

The problem with MM though is raids required a lot of communication as there's so many tasks to do, it's not possible for everyone to just unload bullets into the boss. It requires a great deal of teamwork and personally with a random team pooled by MM i just can't see how that's possible. Who takes charge of turrets whilst someones kiting, at the same time someones gotta keep an eye on the laptops to disable the immunity towers. I can see this being a disaster in MM, and then cue several thousand more posts on the forums from people whining that raids is too hard. I've even seen people asking to make raids solo'able, i mean WTF, that's not even going to be possible due to the mechanics of the raid.

The exclusive loot is there to reward players for their hard work at accomplishing something, it shouldn't really be there for anyone to have a quick run through and obtain the exclusive loot. If they go down that route, they may as well just introduce lootboxes.

Back
Top Bottom