Oculus Quest (Santa Cruz)

Associate
For me it's the no wires and I don't have a gaming pc anymore.

The quest is perfect as portable and in vr graphics are not a big issue.
As long as taking is good then it's main thing and reviews say the quest is brilliant taking wise

Soldato
You know, if the Valve Index or Rift S had wireless connectivity (and inside-out tracking) built-in I think I'd actually have considered buying them over the Quest.

I'd be tempted too, but I want to be able to VR away from my PC as I don't have enough room as I'd like near my PC.

At work there's currently an empty floor, so I look forward to being able to walk around a large area in VR with no obstructions. :D :cool:

Soldato

These videos are in French, but this shows why I am so excited for the Quest. Tetherless VR is the future!

Yeah. The fact you can play Creed like that kind of has me sold. What I find most annoying about games like Creed on a tethered PC experience is the fact I feel so limited in my placespace to what I'd REALLY want to do.

Honestly with the Quest's crazy potential for playspace areas, we could create some phenmenal games.

I might legit just go to my gym at like 12AM (24 hour gym) when its totally dead once a month just to play some creed in a proper ring.

Soldato
I'm looking at getting the cotton covers, as I have WidmoVR cotton covers for my Rift and they're great as you can wash one while wearing the other. They're especially great for workouts as they absorb sweat.

I've not been impressed with the VR cover for the Go as the velcro pads detached from the headset foam.

Associate
Seems to be useless if using outside and any amount of sun :(

And!?

The quest will be great for vr with zero wires, easy fast set up and portability.
Not many would want to be waving around in a field in vr imo lol

The negative of it can't be played outside is like saying you can't use it underwater.
Its not claiming either :D

Soldato
You can use it outside in some circumstances, but I wouldn't want to risk it during the day with the possibility of sun damage. However it works great in twilight or outside areas lit by artificial lighting - for instance you could take it to a floodlit outside basketball court.

The thing about Quest is due to the portability there are countless spaces you can take it to to allow decent roomscale. That's its big appeal for me.

I'm sure we will get better graphics and better games as devs get used to coding for it, like all consoles.

Soldato
OP
And!?

The quest will be great for vr with zero wires, easy fast set up and portability.
Not many would want to be waving around in a field in vr imo lol

The negative of it can't be played outside is like saying you can't use it underwater.
Its not claiming either :D

Not need to be a hyperbolic monkey as will guarantee it will state it is not waterproof either on the packing or manual/disclaimer :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom