List of couch co-op PC games.

Associate
Hey guys.

Living in China atm and the internet is crazy bad... Can't really play online so decided to try and game more often with the Mrs :D
Trouble is... We can't really find many couch co-op games that look good... I've read quite a few lists and most suggest console or MMO / online co-op games.

Aren't there many descent couch co-op games nowadays? I miss the good old days of Goldeneye and those weird playstation multi controller adapters haha.

Throw me your Favourites! :p

P.s... All the games we've been playing so far:

1) Divinity: Original Sin
2) Tomb Raider: Temple of Osiris
3) Mega Drive classics (Streets of Rage / Golden Axe etc)
4) Lego Games
5) Cuphead
6) Metal Slug
7) Shatter
8) Skript (Scrabble)

Soldato
Gauntlet is fun

Just started Guaccamelee with my son, seems pretty great so far.

Trine games are alright.

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime is supposed to be great for co-op, but I've not played.

Associate
OP
Thought China would have the pinnacle of super fast broadband?
Yeah you'd think that wouldn't you. But remember everything is blocked here so normally a vpn is needed.

Its odd. For like 4 quid a month I've got unlimited broadband and even mobile phone data... Download tests with no vpn are around 100mb/s (8Mb) so super fast.
With a vpn on that 100mb becomes either 100kbs/s or around 30mb/s, depending on how lucky I am.

Forza horizon 4 for example, not even blocked in China, so with no vpn, is so bad that every hour or so the road dossapears and a message saying I have a poor connection appears.
Sooooo annoying.
no one here speaks English so hard to speak to China mobile (isp).

Anyway thanks guys, will check out these suggestions!

Soldato
Whaaaaaaaaat you can get chaos engine on pc?!? that game was solid... but making the mrs play anyway. maybe she'll find it easier than cuphead at least :D

Thanks for these suggestions guys! We're playing Worms later.... "Incomiiiiiiiiiiiiing!"
Lol I though chaos engine was ok difficulty wise (I have bought it 3 times over the years the original, the AGA reboot and on PC. Alas (unlike the excellent speedball 2) not much has been done to chaos engine it is exactly the same as the Amiga version.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/242530/The_Chaos_Engine/

Associate
Whilst on the subject of shooters, on Gog, they have recently released a remake of the classic nineties FPS, Blood. Blood Fresh Supply, currently on offer (less than £4) and works with modern computers.

Project Zomboid, has local co-op, its a little finnicky to get working but it does work. The last time I played, I never realised that you spawn miles apart so its a bit of a gauntlet when trying to find each other. We kept getting eaten.

Back
Top Bottom