Total Newbie to pc gaming

Associate
Hey, I've wanted to get into pc gaming for awhile now but i have no idea on anything tbh, the games i want to play are stuff along the lines of welcome to the game 2 etc just something decent that can run well, any advice would be great bros!

Associate
OP
My budget would most likely be between £500-1,100 and yeah id need to get a monitor im just looking for a first time set up so not too expensive but just enough to get by

Soldato
My budget would most likely be between £500-1,100 and yeah id need to get a monitor im just looking for a first time set up so not too expensive but just enough to get by
To build yourself? (makes a difference on advice and cost)

And do you need it right now or could you wait ~8 weeks? As Zen 2 (new CPU) comes out in early July - this should see their 2000 range drop, again, in price which may benefit you given your budget and component requirements (although, there are already great bargains to be had).

Associate
OP
It can be anytime this year really but i have no clue on building a pc so would just opt for a prebuild til i get into it more an decide what specifics i need

Soldato

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,072.83 (includes shipping: £15.90)

Pushing to the edge , dropping price , RX580 and 1080p 75hz

Stocks for Ryzen 2 and boards will be expensive. Guessing hopefully they would use older b450 and x470 boards but supply and demand will most likely push prices high for ryzen 3*** at the start

Soldato
It can be anytime this year really but i have no clue on building a pc so would just opt for a prebuild til i get into it more an decide what specifics i need
Do yo have experience installing Windows 10 - would you feel confident installing Windows 10 on the above machine, Orbi specced? As you could save ~£90...

Soldato
One thing to watch out for is dodgy PSUs in prebuilts. Especially paired with Vega graphics cards. I think the "850W PSU" in that prebuilt is likely to be a dodgy Kolink. It's worth changing out for a better brand and model, when the time comes to buy.

You can also put together a custom spec and OcUK will quote you a fee for the build. Unless there's a super special offer on a prebuilt, it can sometimes be cheaper, and of course you have more freedom with parts choices.

Back
Top Bottom