Sandra Lee to become GD contributor!

Caporegime
Hello dreadfuls! :mad:

We live in interesting times such as right now and probably also tomorrow. General Discussion - historically a hive of brilliant minds and sensible discourse - is showing reddit-like cracks where wrongbrains post broken words to support their thinky thoughts. How do we improve this?

Argument: SANDRA "just two shots" LEE

Sandra Lee Christiansen (born July 3, 1966) is an American television chef and author. She is known for her "Semi-Homemade" cooking concept, which Lee describes as using 70 percent pre-packaged products and 30 percent fresh items. She is the de facto First Lady of New York as the partner of 56th and current governor Andrew Cuomo.

She's also a top shelf booze hound and all round hilarious lady, her principle cooking theory being "buy pre-made stuff, do little effort, eat output, also drink a gallon of vodka" which is something I think we can all get behind. Here she is making a *checks notes* uh, delicious Lush Lagoon with only two shots in it.

Imagine having this woman adding her contribution to el GD! Just imagine! Every day is Christmas. You want some cake? Sandra has you covered!

Kwanzaa Cake
Much of the criticism of Lee has coalesced around a recipe for "Kwanzaa Cake" that she demonstrated on a 2003 episode of Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee. The recipe consisted of angel food cake topped with icing, cinnamon, apple pie filling, pumpkin seeds and corn nuts (all store-bought), with seven Kwanzaa candles then inserted into the cake.[19]

Food writer Anthony Bourdain, who was harshly critical of Lee in general, described the video clip of this segment of the show as "eye searing" and "a war crime".[20][21][22] The cake was called "scary" by the Houston Chronicle,[23] and "the most ghastly-sounding dish in Lee's culinary repertoire" by Tulsa World.[24] Salon.com wrote that the video "takes pride of place in the pantheon of hilarious culinary disaster videos".[25]

Cookbook author Denise Vivaldo, who claims to have ghostwritten recipes for many celebrity chefs, wrote a humorous post in The Huffington Post in December 2010 stating that she was responsible for the recipe (though she said that the candles were Lee's idea), and apologizing for it. She also wrote that Lee "has incredibly bad food taste".[26] A week later, the post was removed, after Lee's lawyer threatened legal action.[27] Lee has said this recipe is the only one of hers whose criticism she has taken to heart, and that the recipe was partly due to the Food Network dictating the show's content at the time.[27]

Is it time for cocktails? Sandra is on it!

I intend to write a letter to Sandra - and this is not a joke, I'm serious - asking if she'd like to join the OCUK forums. I think we tease her with the Food forum, or whatever it's called these days, but then get her focus on GD. She won't be a magical fix but just think for a second: every day you log into GD is a day without Sandra's thoughts (also vodka). Let's make GD great again (it never was, who writes this stuff?)

Finally, I'm looking for help in the wording of the letter. I have a draft but some other eyes and input would be magical.

> Would you like to know more?

Soldato
She is known for her "Semi-Homemade" cooking concept, which Lee describes as using 70 percent pre-packaged products and 30 percent fresh items.
Sounds like my student meals. 4 crispy pancakes with a carrot; 6 turkey drummers and a spoonful of peas; pizza followed by a can of fruit cocktail.

I also consumed a lot of alcoholic beverages.

I kind of love her a bit.

Caporegime
OP
Dear Sandra,

Hi! I've been watching your shows for a number of years and really think you can bring something to the table (this is a food joke) for a computer forum which I type on. We're a mixed bunch of people from different places and backgrounds and would love to have your input into our Food forum
(note to self: check real title) and our General Discussion forum. We have some fun, talk about all manner of things, and are mostly well-behaved. Would you like to be part of this community?

regards,
M x

e: @Edrof , hit me up dude with why this isn't grammatically correct or perhaps even good.

Caporegime
OP
Maybe we should have a whip round and buy her a Gucci belt to sweeten the deal?
[NOTE TO SELF: DRAFT 2]

Dear Sandra,

Hi! I've been watching your shows for a number of years and really think you can bring something to the table (this is a food joke) for a computer forum which I type on. We're a mixed bunch of people from different places and backgrounds and would love to have your input into our Food forum
(note to self: check real title) and our General Discussion forum. We have some fun, talk about all manner of things, and are mostly well-behaved. Would you like to be part of this community?

One of our team is a high revenue earner and can afford a Gucci belt!

regards,
M x

Back
Top Bottom