No audio

Soldato
Spec as sig, tried uninstalling and re the drivers no joy and removed the device but it never re appeared. any ideas?

bottom right icon has the red x and simply says unkown

system has been fine for ages, i've tried the ports nothing gets detected

Audio wizard shows S8pxB7u.png

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
been pulling my hair out, I occasionally stream too and ofc it happens today. Reseated ram, reset bios updated the lot, sad times

Soldato
Have you updated to the latest BIOS - and if you did, did you clear the CMOS after update (and check settings)?

Soldato
OP
I use onboard, it's detected in device manager. I did clear cmos once hd audio is enabled still

nothing is being sent over the gpu either, my monitor audio is also dead

Soldato
been on 3701 for ages, i'll try the latest see if it helps.
There's nothing there in description to indicate that it will but it fixed a members problem recently with onboard audio issues after a Windows update (although he ended up doing a fresh install - so unsure of what combo worked). Although, you're relatively up to date.

*Use the BIOS environment to flash (not Windows) - EZ Flash - Formatted Fat 32 USB etc...

Once flashed be sure to to clear the CMOS after and then double check your settings - then, if no success, uninstall and reinstall your drivers.

Worth a shot...

Soldato
OP
ok so after some shenangians, bios wouldn't update from the file on C i moved it to the other drive and it updated fine to 3902. Still no audio...

still the same, Problems found.. One or more audio services isn't running

device is there, this is what i see
YXuAweq.jpg

curious why that network controller has the yellow exclamation mark

but that's not the issue

i7daiTz.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
So did you:
  • Clear CMOS after BIOS update and check settings F10
  • reinstall chipset
  • Reinstall realek
  • And Perhaps GPU
*Also have you tried:

Check the box for 'Disable Front Panel Jack Detection' - it's in the top right folder icon located within Realtek Audio Manager. This will effect both front and rear jacks.

Soldato
Look at this thread - Clicky

Had had very similar problems to you a couple of days ago (ASUS board too) - we ended up reinstalling, clearing partitions, formatting and reinstalling - with only one drive attached.

He also did the above too - so may have been a combination of things - but ultimately fixed. Read the thread and do assess what may apply to you. It would seem like the latest Windows update was the problem.

The only other thing that i added was to only have critical updates applied - and when installing Windows have internet disabled and drivers ready to install (if you go down this route).

Any questions - if you choose to do this - just ask...

*I would edit your posts into one until a reply, otherwise the mods will give you a little slap :)

Back
Top Bottom