Windows 10

Soldato
Yeah 53 went to 86 but it's only a KB. It was installed within about 30 seconds of the .30 build hitting the internet :D

lol

With incremental build numbers as I noted I don't know how much has actually changed.

What I did grab from that link I posted is

18362.86_amd64_en-gb_professional

Thanks for hosting what you have done :)

and build 18362.113 is now out, it never ends ;)

Last edited:
Soldato

Latest update did not bricks System Restore if you actually read the article mentioned...

What's happening?

The previous issue only involved users running certain antivirus solutions, but this time it's anyone. Or at least anyone who wants to restore their computer back to a point before the latest Windows 10 update was installed. Which is, let's face it, a pretty common scenario considering the problematical nature of the update process.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/daveyw...ing-windows-heres-how-to-fix-it/#2443f9b34d99
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...l-2019-updates-are-causing-windows-to-freeze/

The fact that antivirus solutions from Avast, Avira, ArcaBit, AVG, CloudCare and Sophos are bricks System Restore, either Windows Update and Windows 10 are not blamed for this! The issue also affected Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Embedded 8, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2.

I googled BSOD stop code 0xC000021A found that the issue had been around for very long time since Windows XP so the most common culprits are third-party applications, drivers or software. You just cant blamed Windows Update for BSOD stop code 0xC000021A.

https://neosmart.net/wiki/0xc000021a/
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...-0xc000021a--status-system-process-terminated

Long time ago when I beta tested beta builds of Longhorn "Windows Vista" and Blackcomb "Windows 7" many months before it hit RTM, I downloaded Norton Internet Security trial version but it did not worked with both Longhorn and Blackcomb at the time Symantec was busy worked on update patch which will supported Windows Vista and Windows 7 so it had to waited until Microsoft released RTM build so I had no choice but to downloaded Avast from list of antivirus software providers for Windows Vista beta and installed Avast then Vista went BSOD after restarted, the same thing happened to Avira and AVG too but when I uninstalled three problematic software and Vista no longer BSOD, the same issue happened when I beta tested Windows 7. When I was beta tested beta builds of Windows Blue "Windows 8", Norton Internet Security worked properly with it and I was very impressed it was very stable and did not caused BSOD.

Avast, Avira, ArcaBit, AVG, CloudCare, Kaspersky and Sophos antivirus solutions are horrible that can caused many problems with Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 like bricked updates, OS run slow, OS unstable, damaged files, corrupted hard disks, hacked into OS etc that is why I added all that garbage to the blacklist and Norton at the top of whitelist.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well this isn't going very well on a laptop of mine. The Apps section of Settings won't open for me. :(

Try open Powershell, copy and paste below then press enter try to repair Apps and Features and Microsoft Store apps too.

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

After that, best to restart PC and see if you can open Apps and Features.

Soldato
Try open Powershell, copy and paste below then press enter try to repair Apps and Features and Microsoft Store apps too.

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

After that, best to restart PC and see if you can open Apps and Features.
I've rolled back for now, but I will try again tomorrow when I have time.

Soldato
I took the opportunity to install 1903 fresh on this old vaio laptop, since it's the first time ive done so since i install the first win10 public beta. So i created the install media, swapped the old WD black mechanical drive for an SSD, skipped the product key entry and installed the OS , opted to turn cortana off (nice!), signed in with my MS account and job done. Installed, activated and ready to go. It's soo easy these days :)

Soldato
I did a Macrium backup first and then applied the 1903 build to my 1809.
I see that they have introduced a problem with the Night Light function, altho swapping over to f.lux has resolved that..!
All seems to have gone well, apart from the noted issue above.

Associate
Everything went well for me using MCT. (Download ISO, in-place update). Smoothest and least problematic feature update yet! So far no problems at all. No bloatware was added back, and barely any of my regular tweaks needed re-applying. Even my audio worked straight away, rather than the usual reinstall of soundcard drivers. Privacy options needed reverting in OOS Shutup10 as usual. No display calibration issues either.

Colour me impressed! (for now...)

Back
Top Bottom