Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Anyone still like SXX Sirus Minerals. Raising 3bn in debt, still in a productive phase but I think they should do well matter no what and be one of UK's most important exports. The chinese were blocked from buying the worlds largest Potash company in Canada a while back, because it is a long strategic asset I think. Its a vital commodity possibly slightly overlooked vs more obvious concerns in energy or metals.

I've bought and sold them a few times, looking to rebuy. We arent seeing much weakness since Jan like many thought so they are relatively good price possibly because its still setting up

https://www.ft.com/content/1cd40252...tner/feed_headline/us_yahoo/auddev&yptr=yahoo

Not much then in terms of %
Premium bonds are a better choice then the national lottery, thats the context. Its ok short term but afaik the standard advice does not support using them. Years ago I used NSI or government savings and was given 10% return, there was a phase change a long time ago so none of the returns are good afaik. Something to do with China, also QE but interest rates are really not competitive or realistic.
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/premium-bonds-calculator/
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/premium-bonds/
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/investing/bonds/martin-lewis-this-is-why-you-should-dump-premium-bonds/
RZ06TEH.png
kCHwg9y.png

Soldato
Big news dropped just after I mentioned SXX. I guess people cant read FT easily so I post a screencap. I think its a great project available for 15p or so now which is 30% discount and reasonable so long as they can operate a profitable margin. Agriculture is not in doubt as a growth sector imo and it seems viable though a lot of pain before profit as is the way with a lot of mines. Nice to buy British commodity for once, much of it is abroad and war torn worries

o4D9CgC.jpg

Soldato
Big news dropped just after I mentioned SXX. I guess people cant read FT easily so I post a screencap. I think its a great project available for 15p or so now which is 30% discount and reasonable so long as they can operate a profitable margin. Agriculture is not in doubt as a growth sector imo and it seems viable though a lot of pain before profit as is the way with a lot of mines. Nice to buy British commodity for once, much of it is abroad and war torn worries

o4D9CgC.jpg

I've been watching Sxx for a little while now. Think I'll be buying in very very soon. 15p seems like the perfect entry point and then it's a long hold for me for this one.

Think this has great growth potential and I really like the product / location and progress made to date.

Soldato
I'm getting rid of some shares i have through work and going to put a little bit into the stock market, whos the best for few trades? I'm thinking maybe a couple a year max, more likely put in and forget about it for a bit. So something without a monthly fee :)

Soldato
I've been watching Sxx for a little while now. Think I'll be buying in very very soon. 15p seems like the perfect entry point and then it's a long hold for me for this one.

Think this has great growth potential and I really like the product / location and progress made to date.

Think I got in at a good price of 15.13p yesterday, it's always good when the Norway government invests as well which happened very recently with this share.

Did anyone else take up the AJ Bell IPO a 6 months back. They've tripled in price already. Lovely.

Just wish Trump and China would sort out this tariff nonsense soon.

Soldato
Think I got in at a good price of 15.13p yesterday, it's always good when the Norway government invests as well which happened very recently with this share.
I got £100 of these yesterday as my first share outside of company shares. I'm waiting for my sale of my old shares and i'll put a bit more in. probs get to around £1000 and leave forget about it for a bit.

Soldato
Just near term the SXX range from 15 to 19 is a good gain for so few days, I guess this is a reflection of positive rights takeup. Is it reasonable to assume it just cycles through this area alongside various news near and far, those China tariffs and so on. I should have taken up a lot more when it came to 15p or so, hindsight as usual. 20p has been a base price often in the last year, so resistance now is what I presume. If Trump can provide us some negative political nonsense that'd help volatility

Centrica is in a dive bomb

Soldato
I wonder how many reporting periods of losses they can have before investors begin to turn sour. For me Uber feels like a company that's going to need several more rounds of fundraising, and there's too much sentiment on wanting it to succeed and not enough focus on the fundamentals.

Man of Honour
I am keen to have a dabble with stocks. Small amounts may be couple of hundred a month. What platform do people recommend? I am not using my ISA allowance if that is helpful. Thanks

Caporegime
Hi guys,

Just been told by my current stockbroker they are leaving the market so have very limited time to move my current shares as I don't want to sell them as they are pretty deflated (60% of the value I want to sell at). A lot of it is old sharesaves from previous jobs.

Any recommendation of a stockbroker that I could use?

Just want to transfer them and forget about them for a few years so just want someone with low transaction fees. If it makes a difference its all NASDAQ shares...

TiA it would really help me out...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Caporegime
Just fyi, if you're not transacting then you don't want low transaction fees, you want low custody fees.
Thanks for the correction. It seems I have until Friday to notify them of the transfer so have a bit of time.

Really don't want to sell as while it's basically profit after I took out the initial stake I'm in no rush for the money.

ps3ud0 :cool:

Caporegime
Neil Woodfords reputation has turned to mud, I wonder if he and his company can survive this

Looks like it's finished and I'd be amazed if anyone delt with him again after St. James Place dropped him yesterday. Not even his PR and marketing can pull this back.

Soldato
He can pull it back, doesnt require a miracle just actual performance from his investments. That is what its all about, he could be an angel and still make a mistake (over)investing in even a global company that makes epic mistakes. Plenty times we've seen giants fall, the banks, BP or tons more I guess He generally got it right, nobody was an admirer for his looks or whatever just the basic he makes money long term.
This trip is short term, he mixed illiquid stocks with an open ended fund when he should have stuck to a trust, WPCT is still open and looks bad but can redeem anyone who wants to run for the hills which of course is natural instinct. Let them take the loss personally, I dont see this as the bad news that would really worry me half as much as seriously bad judgements possible on the high risk stocks he deals with like bio research firms. If you already trusted him on that and tbh who really knows how such things go then now is the wrong place to worry and wrong reasons.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/o/oeic.asp
https://www.money.co.uk/guides/what-is-an-investment-trust.htm

He closed the open fund, big opps bad face value and his brand is damaged. Classic time to at least look at the possible NAV to buy price. The fairy tale would be the entire fund being scooped up and absorbed for its underlying value, I believe thats possible though i doubt it happens as too much value is his own personal judgement

JII is another trust I followed for decades, it has been very unpopular and sold off but look at that performance long term. I think investment trusts are where bargains can naturally pop up

SXX hit 20p I think and sold hard back to near 15p. Thats its natural range till market is more comfortable on debt, the new rights shares and so on. I guess it could even dip lower on big doubts, excess liquidity but its very long term and they did the right thing securing funding for that, similarly they need buyers and the market demand for its product so thats the news I want to read about
I'm glad it came back from 20p because I hadnt bought enough and its the final value I want not the trade now.
The list of major buyers for this is like royalty, doesnt mean it has to be good but its great that the prospect is in the UK and can be a major exporter. Shame we couldnt do something major with fracking similarly instead we import and lose the business

I personally love that CEY just prior to ex-div makes its low, its done that before. Not a big div but I like it as a reasonable risk so long as people rate gold as a prospect and central banks are net buyers for a decade so thats a yes imo. Still very high risk anyhow, imo it gets 400p one day inclusive of divs but either way as a trade I think its good above 90p and I hope I can do that right target 120 I guess

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom