US: Westworld

Soldato
I don't think anybody knows. No release date has been given, just that there will be a season 3. Most likely late this year or early next year.

Soldato
Ok, so I'm on episode 6 of season 2. I thought season 1 was awesome and maybe I've left it too long to watch season 2, but I have no clue what the **** is going on this season. Is it going to make sense by the end?

Soldato
It does make more sense once you've seen the all the episodes, but it can be hard to follow with the different time lines.

As for whether the second season is liked or not; I suppose it depends whether the viewer likes watching things with intentionally disjointed story telling. It's certainly more marmite than the first season.

Friend of mine's work colleagues gave up on the second season because it was so different to the first, and for them at least, not in a good way. I liked it, but if you don't pay close attention to what is going on I can see that it could be viewed as being complicated for it's own good.

I'm probably more eager to see what comes next though, because it became more than a show about a western themed park where people could live out their fantasies where the robots rebelled. Not really sure where the show could have gone beyond the first season, had it carried on in the same vein.

Soldato
Season 2 is a lot better when binge watch it so the episodes are fresh in the mind so you can make a decent attempt to patch things together. When you watch 1 a week its a proper mind ****

Soldato
I wrote that watching episode 6, then watched episode 7 straight after and things were starting to make some sense. Finally bringing it all together. But the constant jumping between timelines and having Bernard in what seemed like a dozen different places at once was a right mind ****.

Man of Honour
Not really sure where the show could have gone beyond the first season, had it carried on in the same vein.

I'd hoped there was some bigger mystery, than they seem to have gone with atleast at facevalue, with the world outside the park, that they could have started to slowly expose over season two to keep it interesting - the mysterious way transport arrived, images and other evidence of the outside world, the data uplink, etc. all hinted at an angle that they didn't explore in season 2 in the way I'd hoped. Though the setup for season 3 is interesting and still gives potential for what I wanted to see.

Man of Honour
Another good point someone makes in the comments that I'd totally forgot about - the original sets, etc. for Westworld burnt down last year which possibly has a bit to do with the direction of what we see in the episode - but hopefully mostly for story reasons.

Associate
I can live with the story evolving beyond those sets. With the way season 2 ended, apart from further flashbacks I don't see what that area would be used for.

Just hoping they aren't gonna insist on split timelines again, just because it worked well for them first season.

Associate
Someone made a good observation in the comments:

"The sequel to the original Westworld was Futureworld"

I think people have an assumption that Season 3 takes place out in the 'real world'. Of course it's very likely that what we see in the Trailer is just another park. The one you named.

Back
Top Bottom