Metro: Exodus [E3 2017]

Associate
With a 1080 at 1440p is it even worth turning RT on low?
I have a 1080 and tried it at ,funnily enough, 1080p, and it was rough but just about playable. Can't remember the exact fps but it high 20s, low 30s.

However I can see the attraction... it was quite nice :)

Oh and this is a rig that can normally handle high settings at ultrawide 3440 x 1440.

Man of Honour
Started playing this again after buying and completing the first two. Wow, it's stunning, and great gameplay. Definitely worth getting due to the non-linear nature. It's a bit like the Witcher 3.

Associate
Started playing this again after buying and completing the first two. Wow, it's stunning, and great gameplay. Definitely worth getting due to the non-linear nature. It's a bit like the Witcher 3.
But it isn’t open world so not sure how it’s like Witcher 3. It’s a good game but for some reason I always find something else to play.. guess I just need to grind it out so I can finish it

Associate
Strangely I'm really struggling with this, I've started a second play through on ranger mode but just get bored with it on the desert level and give up playing.

Really odd as I loved stalker and the first two, anyone else experience this?

Associate
Strangely I'm really struggling with this, I've started a second play through on ranger mode but just get bored with it on the desert level and give up playing.

Really odd as I loved stalker and the first two, anyone else experience this?
Yep can’t be bothered with it for some reason.. no idea why but like I say above always find something else to play

Soldato
I'd consider picking it up on the Microsoft Store... still be more convenient to have it on Steam but I'll tolerate a different launcher if it isn't incompetent chinese spyware

However the hype has kind of passed, and enough reviewers I trust have said that it's a pretty weak Metro all things considered (no more bullets-as-currency? That was such an interesting mechanic, a hallmark of the series)... So I will probably pass on it anyway

Soldato
Having a terrible time on a 2070/Ryzen 2700X with constant crashing using DX12+ Ray Tracing on.

Can play for about up to an hour then game freezes(which remains on screen with the crash report visible stuck running), the only way to recover the desktop is logging out of Windows via task manager and signing back in.

DX11(obviously with no RTX options running) the game appears ok no crashing.

Currently on 430.53 and various drivers before them makes no difference.

Soldato
Got a £1 Microsoft subscription mainly to give this a go. However I know it goes open world later but the opening got on my nerves so much I uninstalled. Having to hold "E" and then be animated through opening doors, squeezings gaps and crouching under things every 5 seconds just completely did my head in. Was I too hasty, the fingerprints of console gaming are just all over this thing and I wasn't feeling it.

I went back to playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Anomaly instead and loving it.

Soldato
Got a £1 Microsoft subscription mainly to give this a go. However I know it goes open world later but the opening got on my nerves so much I uninstalled. Having to hold "E" and then be animated through opening doors, squeezings gaps and crouching under things every 5 seconds just completely did my head in. Was I too hasty, the fingerprints of console gaming are just all over this thing and I wasn't feeling it.

I went back to playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Anomaly instead and loving it.

I'm glad it's not just me that is finding the beginning tedious. I was so looking forward to this game, but so far it's the most generic, boring game I have played in a long time. I ended up turning it off after an hour or so. I really hope it gets better when it opens up as this 'on rails action movie' gameplay really isn't my cup of tea.

Also a big Stalker fan here as well and need to give Anomaly a try after I finish Misery.

I finally finished it, it was decent but easily the worst in the series imo.

Their voice acting budget must be about a fiver, pretty ridiculous how terrible it is given it's meant to be story based.

Yeah, they couldn't even afford someone to voice the main character :p. Kinda stops dead any sort of meaningful character interaction when the main character is a mute.

Soldato
I seem to have inadvertently broken the game by doing things in a completely different order to how you are supposed to, during the Caspian Sea / desert level. I'm now stuck in perma combat, some NPC's have started to levitate and on top of all that, I'm stuck in a canyon with no obvious route of escape. Shame, because I was enjoying it prior to this.

With regard to the mute protagonist - I've never understood the developers decision to make him silent during game play, especially considering the fact that you hear him speak during the load screens.

Back
Top Bottom