• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Can we all take a minute to look at DGs Pubg charts, and appreciate that AMD just matched and or bwat Intel in that game in particular?

Therefore rendering all discussion of Pubg being better on Intel basically irrelevant... ;)
It doesn't matter. AMD released an 8c CPU 2 years ago, and we're told that PUBG defines CPU performance. Now AMD release a CPU that can beat Intel at PUBG and we're told that BF1 is the appropriate benchmark, so a Zen 1 CPU should have been bought 2 years ago.
When Intel had nothing but 4c 7700K, Zen 1 were crap because single core is Jesus. Now that Intel has 8c 9900K, Zen 1 was Jesus afterall, and 4690K owners were dumb for not recognising their messiah 2 years ago.

Soldato
It doesn't matter. AMD released an 8c CPU 2 years ago, and we're told that PUBG defines CPU performance. Now AMD release a CPU that can beat Intel at PUBG and we're told that BF1 is the appropriate benchmark, so a Zen 1 CPU should have been bought 2 years ago.
When Intel had nothing but 4c 7700K, Zen 1 were crap because single core is Jesus. Now that Intel has 8c 9900K, Zen 1 was Jesus afterall, and 4690K owners were dumb for not recognising their messiah 2 years ago.

:D:D:D:D God almighty......................is that sooooooooo true :D

Associate
After the benchmarks come in, when the dust settles... the battle cry from the intel side, it cant be performance any more, games, heat or power...
Nope the future fanboi wars will be fought, they will be fought over a stupid tiny wee fan on the chipset.

Associate
Can we all take a minute to look at DGs Pubg charts, and appreciate that AMD just matched and or bwat Intel in that game in particular?

Therefore rendering all discussion of Pubg being better on Intel basically irrelevant... ;)

According to AMD the new Ryzen chips are 22% faster in PUBG.

So if we use that benchmark, Ryzen is still 10% slower than the 9900k :eek:

:rolleyes:

Soldato
It seems some people have incredibly short or just very selective memories. 8700K was paper launched on 5th October 2017, and there was no stock until the end of November, and even then it was OEM and the Black Friday price was £370 nearly. https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...ee-lake-price-drop-for-black-friday.18801128/

Now basic maths is not my strong point, but Nov' 18 is only 1.5 years ago right? So... by my reckoning we'll need to wait 6 months from now to see any Zen2 availability, or certain people are just wrong a huge amount of the time.

EDIT: Nov ' 18 should have been Nov '17, my apologies.

Last edited:
Soldato
It seems some people have incredibly short or just very selective memories. 8700K was paper launched on 5th October 2017, and there was no stock until the end of November, and even then it was OEM and the Black Friday price was £370 nearly. https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...ee-lake-price-drop-for-black-friday.18801128/

Now basic maths is not my strong point, but Nov' 18 is only 1.5 years ago right? So... by my reckoning we'll need to wait 6 months from now to see any Zen2 availability, or certain people are just wrong a huge amount of the time.
6 months ago :p

Soldato
It seems some people have incredibly short or just very selective memories. 8700K was paper launched on 5th October 2017

Uhh that not true. 8700K was paper launched on 5th October with no stocks??? That was absolutely false. 8700K was actually launched and OCUK had about 300 in stock, I checked my past order found I ordered 8700K and OCUK shipped my 8700K on 6 October 2017.

Associate
To add 2 cents to fps discussion

You absolutely can get 50% more fps by going from 4 core cpu to something bigger. Not the avg, but minimums, the ones you actually notice, the ones that get you shot.
And even avg If not on Ultra like every benchmark site, but on potato settings to keep steady 144fps.

Back
Top Bottom