wireless PC gaming headset with charging stand?

Permabanned
Hey guys, simply put i wanna walk up to my gaming PC pick a pair of headphones off a stand put em on and have them work then take em off and put em back on the stand ready for next time. Is that too much to ask? Is there anything decent and affordable like this?

TIA

Soldato
Sennheiser RS120 II RF Wireless On-Ear Headphone with UK/Ireland Power Supply

Artiste D1 Wireless TV Headphone with 2.4GHz Digital Transmitter Charging Dock,Multiple headphones Connected Cordless Headphone Headset for Computer TV Radio

No idea if these are any good at all, my impression without looking into them is that they won't classify as "decent". But they are the sort of thing you described.

Was thinking maybe a headphone stand with a charging cable (for a Bluetooth audio 3.5mm receiver) taped to it might be next best thing. Each time you'd set the headphones on the stand you'd see the connector right there reminding you to just plug it into the receiver and shouldn't be much effort, although am aware that's not what you asked for. Just that you'd have a few more choices as to decent headphones (those with 3.5mm jack + removable cable) that way.

Would be nice if there were Qi-enabled Bluetooth audio receivers around. Can't find any.

Soldato
It depends on how you define 'affordable' and what your expectations on sound quality are.

I think cost wise, you are probably looking at least at £200 for wireless headset that comes with a stand; even then, there are more expensive wireless headsets that don't have a charging stand. Cheaper wireless headsets tend to be plug in USB cable to recharge.

Whether you get good sound for the money paid though, really depends on your expectations. There are people that have the opinion that any wireless headset below a certain price point is just plain rubbish, but there are people that are happy with wireless headsets from Steelseries, etc. No wireless headset can match wired for sound quality pound for pound though; convenience comes at the sacrifice of some sound quality. For some people that's fine, for others, sound quality is more important.

I've seen people spend £300 on a wireless Steelseries headset and be happy, and I've seen other people return them because they are just not good enough for what they cost. Same applies to Astro headsets.

Audeze Mobius is widely considered to be a very good wireless headset, but not really affordable at around £350. I don't think they come with a stand either. That shows what you have to pay for most people would call 'a good wireless headset'.

If you just want headphones and don't need a microphone, then Sennheiser make some good wireless headphones, as mentioned above; otherwise, you're mainly stuck with the usual PC manufacturers, such as Steelseries, Logitech, Razer, etc.

Soldato
I have an Astro A50 but it's difficult to get the headset seated correctly in the base station / charging stand so I just plug in a charging cable and put the headset on an acrylic Brainwavz stand. OTOH the sound quality is great.

Permabanned
OP
thanks guys, I will look into these options, deffo not shopping in the >200 quid range atm nor am I an audiophile I use some 20 quid skull candy headphones atm I just get tired of wires pulling out or knocking stuff over. with my phone and watch just sitting on stands that charge when not in use I figured there was maybe a simple headset equivalent. There really should be Haha. But the info is deffo appreciated and if some of the more expensive sets appeal maybe I'll save up!

Soldato
Trouble with the idea of a simple wireless headset that has a charging stand is all that stuff required for wireless, adds cost. Good wireless headphones already cost a fair bit more than wired equivalent for all the added electronics stuff needed to make them wireless. I think if a £100 headset was wireless with a charging stand, I wouldn't expect the headset itself to be much cop.

Cheap wireless headphones or headsets start with something cheap and not that good, then add all the necessary stuff and you end up with something that costs more than the quality you are getting.

Soldato
That sounds like rubbish. You need batteries and a wireless component. That's all that's different from a wired headset. The wireless component is smaller than a thumbnail. And rechargeable batteries are hardly a new technology.

Associate
And those batteries, wireless components and charger all cost money.

If your profit margin as a manufacturer is a few quid per unit, and things cost a few quid .... Then that can be enough to not make it viable to reach a market price point. So not point for the mfg to do it.

Soldato
And those batteries, wireless components and charger all cost money.

Funny how they manage to fit them in a mobile phone so cheaply.

thanks guys, I will look into these options, deffo not shopping in the >200 quid range atm nor am I an audiophile

For many years I had a ~£50 wireless headset, a Creative Soundblaster Wireless Gaming headset and it was just fine. I see new versions are available for around £80. I recommend it.

Associate
Arctis pro wireless? It comes with two batteries, the spare sits in the dock charging at all times. When it runs out you swap it over within a few seconds.

Back
Top Bottom