Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Soldato
I have a query...

Currently own a oldish virgin box, got a few HD channels but the box is just far too slow for my liking. On top of this I have recently purchased a new 4K TV and I wanted to set up freeview on it and was wondering if it were at all possible that I can take out the cable from the virgin box and plug it straight into the TV and then put on auto tune to get all the regular freeview channels?
No it won't work, freeview only comes through the aerial.

Last edited:
Soldato
Are there any discount codes around or referral links? I'm going to sign up to Virgin media today, not sure if going through online or over the phone will be better.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Although the speed was much slower I never had any signal issues with sky broadband, but with virgin, the rear of the house (kitchen is patchy, bedroom above doesn't get any) has no signal.

Might need to get a router (not sure which one) and set up an access point.

Soldato
Quick question, does anyone know if the £40 engineer charge will cover moving the access point from downstairs to the other side of the house upstairs?

Or will that cover just them installing the router?

Soldato
So after your tantrum in your Virgin VPN thread because it was repeatedly pointed out it was likely an issue your end and nothing to do with the ISP... it was an issue your end and nothing to do with the ISP. You’re welcome :D

Yes but unlike some people when I realised I was wrong, I accepted it and highlighted the fact I was wrong. I guess some people don’t have such humility.

Oh and once again...I didn’t start that thread!

Soldato
Quick question, does anyone know if the £40 engineer charge will cover moving the access point from downstairs to the other side of the house upstairs?

Or will that cover just them installing the router?
For £40 it had better do! I would call prior and just check but still ask anyway whatever you're told.

Soldato
So had a phone call from VM about my upgrade difficulties to the VVIP bundle.

Basically apologised to me, told me there was no such thing as a VVIP team for upgrades and then offered me £5/m discount on my bill for life. Every little helps ;)

Soldato
So had a phone call from VM about my upgrade difficulties to the VVIP bundle.

Basically apologised to me, told me there was no such thing as a VVIP team for upgrades and then offered me £5/m discount on my bill for life. Every little helps ;)
Indeed it does but double check (or get it recorded or in writing) that the £4/month is for life. I can see them removing it in a year if you're not careful. ;)

MrB

MrB

Associate
Indeed it does but double check (or get it recorded or in writing) that the £4/month is for life. I can see them removing it in a year if you're not careful. ;)
Top tip, I've noticed that my Loyalty Bonus expires in August (when I obviously become less loyal), this is shown on your Virgin Media billling page too.

Soldato
Although the speed was much slower I never had any signal issues with sky broadband, but with virgin, the rear of the house (kitchen is patchy, bedroom above doesn't get any) has no signal.

Might need to get a router (not sure which one) and set up an access point.
Why not just get an Access Point?

Soldato
Becoming dog sick of Virgin Media. Had work in my area for the last month with frequent disconnections every day. I've been told that I won't receive any form of reimbursement as I haven't completely lost use of my TV and broadband, therefore I am receiving a partial service which doesn't fit in with Ofcom's new rules. These rules apparantley state that I have to experience total loss of service for 48 hours before I will receive any form of reimbursement.

To say I am P-ed off is an understatement.

Associate
Becoming dog sick of Virgin Media. Had work in my area for the last month with frequent disconnections every day. I've been told that I won't receive any form of reimbursement as I haven't completely lost use of my TV and broadband, therefore I am receiving a partial service which doesn't fit in with Ofcom's new rules. These rules apparantley state that I have to experience total loss of service for 48 hours before I will receive any form of reimbursement.

To say I am P-ed off is an understatement.
They have a gurantee on their own website that states they promise you 50% or more of your speed, have you been getting that?
I had to jump through hoops and ended up on the vm community forums where they are 1000% better than the call centre they sorted my issue out straight away just by diagnostics from the modem which i submitted. CS in india on the other hand wanted me to run tests on my PC in safe mode script reading idiots.

Soldato
Anyone having issues with their TV service at the moment since around 20:48 tonight? Can't even call 150, get a line is busy tone or it just ends the call.

Looks like down detector has seen an influx of issues. Oh dear....

Soldato
Is anyone else having internet problems with Virgin Media (Business) at the moment? I keep getting errors being displayed on websites which I know are up and working. I'm not using a VPN either at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom