BMW and M Power Owners

Associate
has anyone had any experience here with self servicing and warranty claims perchance? my 440i is approaching 3 years old and i'm not sure whether to extend the warranty or not.
i want to, and enjoy, servicing my own car.
i have the full technical manuals for it and know exactly what the servicing items are, when they need to be performed etc. and i'd obviously use genuine BMW parts, bought at the dealer so i have the invoice receipts.

can you do your own oil changes, brake pads, etc, and still abide by the terms and conditions of the warranty?
RUr9WUN.jpg

Soldato
I thought PCP were mod friendly?

It's mainly the nature if the mods (engine mods) LLF does that is the problem. BMW Finance are probably worried the engine will go and there is no warranty to cover that when modded. His videos also barely hide the fact he is probably someone that breaks the law when driving and so one has to wonder if an insurance company might not pay out if he was to total it.

720bhp...

Mods are largely fine on finance although strictly against the terms.

The dealer he bought from even sells stuff like this

https://www.babybmw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=115798&sid=e3b3ce5a4f337c1a7c8174bf23ac7b1b

https://www.babybmw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=115976&sid=e3b3ce5a4f337c1a7c8174bf23ac7b1b

which contains (non BMW) aftermarket mods straight from the dealer. Although I wonder if it won't be tolerated anymore.

Last edited:

NVP

NVP

Soldato
I was not a fan of the interior of the 4gc but other than that they're decent cars when paired with a decent engine like all bmws, you just have to write the spec for yourself and press the button.

Soldato
https://youtu.be/xzoSL_npVaM

So my new Z4 has this. I pretty much exclusively use Spotify, is there anyway to be able to control Spotify via the stereo or am I going to have to start loading songs onto my iPhone as well? As is it connects to the phone but can't see any media on it because there isn't any.

So update to this.

Turns out its my phone not my car, as I can change tracks on my partners phone using the steering wheel controls, just not on mine. Hers is an iPhone 6, mine is an 8+

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT203412

This indicates I need to do a reset of my phone, and also see if there is a firmware update for my stereo, how do I find out if I need to update my stereo firmware and how do I do so if there is one?

NVP

NVP

Soldato
I'm in love with this Mini. Seriously making me want to buy one! Although I've forgotten how to drive through avg cam's without cruise control... overtake, oh ****! slow down... overtake, oh ****!... god dammit!
55xeo1L.gif

One bad thing, no one moves out the way for a mini, had some muppet in a kia break check me then crawl in front for 2 miles blocking me in with a truck, fool. I was coming up behind him trying to race a truck at 51mph with about 4 car lengths in-front so flashed him to see if he'd let me by and he slammed on his breaks!!! Dangerous *******!

Let's say I did buy a little pocket toy, what feels like this mini but has a bit more in the way of gadgets?

Associate
One bad thing, no one moves out the way for a mini, had some muppet in a kia break check me then crawl in front for 2 miles blocking me in with a truck, fool. I was coming up behind him trying to race a truck at 51mph with about 4 car lengths in-front so flashed him to see if he'd let me by and he slammed on his breaks!!! Dangerous *******!

Thats the one thing i hate about driving the OH's mini, you have other road users trying to force you on at their pace. Don't get that driving the big blue GT :)

Soldato
https://www.bmw.com/en/footer/software-updates.html

From my history. Drop your VIN. Download. Stick on a USB. Can be quite slow to upload in to the car though so don't panic if it's taking 30 mins plus!

I've done several of these downloadable updates (they address things like updated phone compatibility) and they've take no more than about 3 minutes to do. The file is usually only a few MB in size and it isn't the same as a proper firmware update you'd do through ISTA which usually does take 30mins+

Caporegime
I've done several of these downloadable updates (they address things like updated phone compatibility) and they've take no more than about 3 minutes to do. The file is usually only a few MB in size and it isn't the same as a proper firmware update you'd do through ISTA which usually does take 30mins+

I'm sure I did the firmware update on my 6 series using the USB. Sure of it. Took about 45 mins from memory.

Associate
Didn't know about this. Thanks for the link and info. Just downloaded the latest update for my E89, will do later today. Didn't have any luck with the map updates, the BMW site shows all "services" as being not compatible with my car. I've emailed the dealer to ask if the maps can be updated.

Back
Top Bottom