The Division 2 - March 2019

Associate
I've been playing this lately and leveled up to level 18 mostly solo by doing the main missions in random groups. I found a purple LMG when I was level 11 and it's been incredible but as the enemies get harder it's losing it's effectiveness. I haven't found anything close to it. What's the best way to get better weapons?

Keep doing the missions, save side quests till you're higher where you can as the exp scales, or did when I was levelling anyway.

Swap out to whatever weapons you have that are doing high dmg.

Permabanned
I've been playing this lately and leveled up to level 18 mostly solo by doing the main missions in random groups. I found a purple LMG when I was level 11 and it's been incredible but as the enemies get harder it's losing it's effectiveness. I haven't found anything close to it. What's the best way to get better weapons?

Craft them as you level, switch weapon types of you get something else, to be honest you don't need to be a specially strong when levelling.:)

Soldato

As others are suggesting, it's a bit pointless putting together anything specific when leveling as it gets outdated very quickly. Just power level all the way to 30 and then you can start to focus on getting good stuff.

Make sure you're also doing projects as they award a hefty amount of EXP, and complete any side missions. The EXP with side missions does scale as you level, but if you've not done them by level 30 then the exp only goes on field proficiency caches.

Associate
Ah that sounds like you're going to experience a gearcheck :D

Being able to check at the end a summary of a mission is really useful to see if your dmg etc is OK.

Make sure at least to check tactics for boomer.

Soldato
Thanks, not optimistic as I don't think many have even been on much since the update, let alone have optimised gear lol. Will see how it goes, have fun and build on that!

Watch the youtube videos from some of the known players first. At least it'll give you an idea of what to do + the strategies you'll need to defeat the raid bosses.

Soldato
FWIW a number of places have opened up in the OCUK 1 clan, if you're reasonably active and want to join, shoot @Raiden85 a message.

Would be be great if there are other active members who want to try out some raids.

Caporegime
Is there benefit in equipping higher gear-scored items if they're objectively worse than what I already have equipped? I'm only on WT1, soloing it, and much of yellow 250-ish items are better than my purple 300's. Thoughts?

e: and actually also better than some of my yellow 300-ish items as well, stats-wise.

Back
Top Bottom