Opinions on floor fitting

Soldato
I wouldn't accept that for free. In fact the company couldn't pay ME to put that in.

Thats absolutely shocking. It's worse than if you'd have DIYed it as a first timer.

Soldato
Insist they fit it to a proper standard or have them take it all away and get either wood flooring or a good hard wearing laminate instead from a different company.

Soldato
Any update OP? I would be fuming if I paid £1400 for that! I think we paid quite a bit less than that for engineered wood flooring in our 28sqm kitchen/lounge

Associate
OP
Store staff have seen the pictures and video and agreed it doesn't look good. Manager is on holiday until Monday and then is going to arrange to come around and have a look at it.

Soldato
What's the company? We're about to sell our house and we're having some cheap vinyl put down as the existing floor as had 10 years worth of dog pounding it, so looks rubbish! (We've gone with Carpet Right - £813 for hall way, lounge and dining room)

Associate
What's the company? We're about to sell our house and we're having some cheap vinyl put down as the existing floor as had 10 years worth of dog pounding it, so looks rubbish! (We've gone with Carpet Right - £813 for hall way, lounge and dining room)

What kind of style for a living room and dining room? Wood effect?

Associate
Silly question but why wouldn't they take off all the skirting and kickboards and run the flooring underneath? Once you put everything back all the edges are well and truly hidden.

That would have been best but I don't think many fitters risk taking skirting boards off as it could take half the plaster off with it. A lot of skirting boards would be impossible to remove without destroying the skirting boards too meaning more expense replacing it all with new. More common are the scotia strips that cover the edge.

Associate
OP

Don't really want to name the company just yet as they are looking to put things right and if they sort it all out I will be happy. However, if it isn't sorted out properly I will happily name and shame.

However it is a local company in Leeds (who were slightly more expensive than carpet right, but we decided to go with "a local company").

Soldato

Surely you'd be better off putting down cheap carpet? Cheap carpet I could live with and put it in the 'change that later to my taste box', where as vinyl flooring would be put straight in the 'this needs ripping out immediately box' if it was used in a dining room and lounge.

Soldato
OP

Thats not a good job.

Send the company the photos and ask them if its ok for you to tag them in future social media posts..

Soldato
Please say you haven't paid them yet!
Never pay for for work unless you are 100% happy, if you owe them money, most companies will try to fix any problems asap.
Once you have paid, they will drag their feet or even try to ignore you completely

Back
Top Bottom