Android Q Beta

Soldato
Looks like they've pulled it from OTA due to the installation issues.

Hope it's better than the last one, that was terrible. Kept randomly opening apps on my 3XL lol

Soldato

Hope it's better than the last one, that was terrible. Kept randomly opening apps on my 3XL lol
Ah, that'll explain why I couldn't get it earlier.

Good job too as I wasn't aware that Natwest wasn't working on the beta yet.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I've reverted back, too many annoying issues. Android Auto crashing and not restarting, notifications overlapping on the lock screen, double notification sounds etc.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
OP

Yes, just seen this. Can't say I had any issues when I installed it last night.

Can anyone confirm if the Santander App is still broken with Android Q Beta 4, please???
Confirmed not working.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
OP
Well, so far so good here, other than Santander and Barclaycard apps not working its been all good. Only issue I see is the flicker when I pull down the notification shade with the finger print sensor. But I can live with that for now.

Soldato
Natwest works fine has done since the first betas too, The only thing it won't allow me to do is use fingerprint login, No worries I'll just use the pin instead.

Mine finger print has worked 99%, last play services update broke it. Clear Play Services App data and cache. Log back into NatWest and enable finger print again.

If you see verified in Play Store it'll be fine

Soldato
It's up again

Still has the bug where returning to the home screen after the app draw launches a random app.

The new gesture system is terrible. I'm in settings, swipe up at the side to go back and it either launches the google assistant or takes me back to the home screen. Damn, same thing in chrome. Looks like it's back to the 2 button method for me.

:edit: Ignore me, I was doing it like on the oneplus

Last edited:
Soldato
For me it isn't a random ap, but the one directly behind the home button, as if it wasn't there at all.

Is it worth trying the new gesture system?

No, I don't like it

When swiping back I've ended up deleting an email in Gmail, and a news tab from the news app. The phone gets confused not knowing what I'm trying to do.

Soldato
No, I don't like it

When swiping back I've ended up deleting an email in Gmail, and a news tab from the news app. The phone gets confused not knowing what I'm trying to do.
Noted!

Think I'll wait until they've sorted out their bits and bobs.

I've only just downloaded the beta, and one thing that's annoying is that the ambient display doesn't work if I double tap. It just lights up the screen as if I'd pressed the lock/unlock button.

Do you get the same thing?

Soldato
Noted!

Think I'll wait until they've sorted out their bits and bobs.

I've only just downloaded the beta, and one thing that's annoying is that the ambient display doesn't work if I double tap. It just lights up the screen as if I'd pressed the lock/unlock button.

Do you get the same thing?

Yep, same

I know this is a beta, but it's a public beta. Surely the devs at google have seen all these bugs which should have been squashed before the public testing phase. I mean, within literally 15 seconds I found two.

Unless they just want to get it out as fast as possible to give extra time to fix the ones they don't know about.

Soldato
Yep, same

I know this is a beta, but it's a public beta. Surely the devs at google have seen all these bugs which should have been squashed before the public testing phase. I mean, within literally 15 seconds I found two.

Unless they just want to get it out as fast as possible to give extra time to fix the ones they don't know about.
Yeah it is a little odd.

I've been using the new gestures a bit this morning and am finding them 'ok'. I find it confusing how to go back when I'm full screen on Youtube, parts of the screen seem to allow me to swipe to go back but not other areas. I also find getting to multitasking from the home page super awkward.

Back
Top Bottom