Rage 2 - Announce trailer

Soldato
Yet another issue, I am at a secret bunker in Torn Plains this one here, yet the lift does not drop. No idea why not though a voice does tell me when I scan my hand that i am not allowed or some such?

Edit: Seems you need Presidential permission.

Last edited:
Verdict on the game?

Yeah a pretty good shooter, does get a bit repetitive though clearing out waves of wasteland thugs and grabbing ark chests.
Wish they had done much larger level designs and far more sewer based levels like in the original.
Maybe a recreation of the dead city wouldn't of gone a miss.

Will have to see what future DLCs bring.

Associate
Just finished this game.

A bit too much back and forthing for my liking but the shooting is great, as you'd expect from id. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would!

Whets my appetite for Doom Eternal, in fact, I might play through Doom again :)

Associate
Finally completed this game. Coming from Rage which I loved can't say I was that impressed. The gun play was good, but I didn't really get into the story and didn't go much on the graphics, they were little better than on console and thats after tweaking the AA and a few other settings. Overall, it was fun to pass some time but it's not a game I will find myself coming back to. Doom Eternal next for me as well.

Soldato
Whats the quickest way to get the flying machine thingies? I know you need to level up beyond 7 and do the whole Dr Kvasir stuff but I've been doing that for a good while now, when do the flying things unlock and how do you know they have done so?

Soldato
Worked it out eventually - you need to be out and about free roaming and then the option to call in the Icarus is there. That said, not too impressed with the machine, it has no weapons and despite it being a flying machine if you try and fly over any really deep valleys the screen fades to black eventually and you are deposited back to where you took off for some bizarre reason.

Associate
Worked it out eventually - you need to be out and about free roaming and then the option to call in the Icarus is there. That said, not too impressed with the machine, it has no weapons and despite it being a flying machine if you try and fly over any really deep valleys the screen fades to black eventually and you are deposited back to where you took off for some bizarre reason.

I wasn't that interested in the Icarus once I flew it a few times. Much preferred bombing around in my upgraded Phoenix. Once you get the hang of the driving mechanics it doesn't take long getting from A to B (and even quicker with strategic fast travels).

Associate
Driving is fun for a few hours then just turns into labourious boring. The Icarus is a life/game saver. The times you can fly over stuff just to cut out the tedious travelling.

Never had any black screen cutouts (but then I still plan my route to not go over any obvious out of map areas).
I can also get over every mountain, make sure you've got your 'up thrusters' on full all the time.

Soldato
Ive been playing this recently and enjoying it, however when i run at 4k res, i get graphic corruption errors at the side and the draw distance (mountains etc)

Any ideas what the problem might be? Its only this game, and dropping to 2560x1440 takes it away.

Back
Top Bottom