Has anyone attempted to become rich?

Associate
Yes, tried an AIM investment 5 years ago £20k loss :(

Dabbled in buy to lets - got a couple.

Decided no more property - concentration risk as Lars Kroijer calls it.

Now just automatically saving £20k a year between my wife and my life time ISA’s and stocks ISA’s. All cash is invested in VANGUARD FTSE GLOBAL ALL CAP.

It’s the get rich SLOWLY method.

Soldato
No but I know a guy who did and it was in a low paid rural area and he had no academic qualifications.

It all started in the early 1990`s.
He was living in a council house with his wife and 3 kids and working on building sites ( one of the lower rank jobs )

He managed somehow to get a bank to lend him enough to buy a plot and build a house, doing some of the work himself to lower costs.

Anyway this house was luxury even by todays standards, it was huge, had a swimming pool, underfloor heating, an acre of land etc etc.

He never managed to finish it totally but sold it for what must have been a good profit.

So then he builds another and before i knew it he was building entire estates of houses, had 6 superbikes, a Rolex and all that stuff....

Fast forward to today and he rents out 100 - 150 properties and continues to build houses constantly.

Low and behold his girlfriend is in her 20`s and he is in retirement age lol.

I was friends with one of his kids and i could never get my head around why i knew much smarter people than him but they were all poor lol.

Soldato
Associate
Yeh one time i played the lottery, before realising it's a waste of money... unless you enjoy playing though, then it might not be.

Back
Top Bottom