Oneplus 6t vs Mate 20 pro - which one

Soldato
Morning all.

Just about to hit the button on a phone today. Both the above are the same price same contract etc, which would you choose.

Any users of both would be a great help

Thanks

A

Soldato
It's a tough call. I had both and was at one point making the same decision. I went with the Mate 20 Pro, but a big factor was how bad the FPS had been for me on the OP6T. Had that worked, I may have sided with the OnePlus due to the nicer software experience.

Soldato
OP
It's a tough call. I had both and was at one point making the same decision. I went with the Mate 20 Pro, but a big factor was how bad the FPS had been for me on the OP6T. Had that worked, I may have sided with the OnePlus due to the nicer software experience.

Fps in games?

I don't game at all so that's not issue.

What was battery life like across both, did the mate 20 provide much longer SOT?

Thanks

A

Soldato
Finger Print Sensor... :) There are a few others on the net that have issue with it, but I think most here found it to be fine, so you'd probably not need to worry.

Yeah, slightly more battery from the Mate 20 Pro, but I don't think it was a big difference.

Soldato
OP
Finger Print Sensor... :) There are a few others on the net that have issue with it, but I think most here found it to be fine, so you'd probably not need to worry.

Yeah, slightly more battery from the Mate 20 Pro, but I don't think it was a big difference.

Ah cool ta. Did watch a few vids and noticed some lag too. Gonna be a tough decision this morning ahha

A

Soldato
No one seems to mention that huawei picture processing is absolutely dire. My mate 10 pro would over sharpen pictures into oblivion and the colours would frequently be all over the place.

Personally, i'd go for the 6T.

Soldato
No one seems to mention that huawei picture processing is absolutely dire. My mate 10 pro would over sharpen pictures into oblivion and the colours would frequently be all over the place.

When it comes to camera, as far as I'm concerned it's not particularly close, the Mate 20 Pro is far far superior. I think you'd be hard pushed to find anyone thinking otherwise tbh.

Soldato
OP

Personally, i'd go for the 6T.
Why would you not get the new OnePlus 7?

Out of budget for the OP7 - im buying on contract and found a good deal on the OP6T

Thanks
Andy

Soldato
I've had an Huawei before. Couldn't stand EMUI. So I'd pick the OP6T just for OxygenOS.

Funny you say this as I'm a pure Android lover. I actually think EMUI is pretty close to a stock Android experience and haven't had any issues with it.

Admittedly I use a 3rd party launcher but otherwise its pretty much painless.

Although it's a niche issue I won't use OnePlus again as they wont honor warranty if you live in a country they don't directly ship to/service. As a Channel Island resident it means I have no warranty or out of warranty support.

Back
Top Bottom