• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Can you recommend me my first Nvidia in 20 years RTX 2080

Soldato
Hello people, just about to join the green side for the first time in 20 years, sold my radeon 7 to get a 2080, can you lovely people recommend what is the best one to get from these :-

evga black
evga xc ultra
gainward triple fan thing
Asus Dual OC
Msi Sea hawk X
Inno 3d Gaming Oc
Gigabyte windforce
Zotac AMP Extreme

they are all around the same price ish but are any of those no goes, or go to's I have heard evga is worth it for the service, but which card has the highest pwer limit, is the coolest and quietest combined.
Ideally I would like to water block it one day so whichever one can have the highests power limit or is bios moddable, I like tinkering!
Failing that just the best out the box performance

Thank you for any help you can give before I return to the green

Permabanned
You base it on warranty because trust me the fan or memory will fail my Zotac failed within 2.5yrs. The only decent people out there who back thier chinese products are Gigabyte (4yr) and Zotac (2yr 5 if reg within 28days) and EVGA apparantly have a 10yr warranty. I would look into this first but if true EVGA all the way.

I only wish i could get a ten year warranty... And do NOT use Paypal either all paypal purchases lose protection after 180days. Pay with Mastercard or Visa thats my advice.

Soldato
OP
You base it on warranty because trust me the fan or memory will fail my Zotac failed within 2.5yrs. The only decent people out there who back thier chinese products are Gigabyte (4yr) and Zotac (2yr 5 if reg within 28days) and EVGA apparantly have a 10yr warranty. I would look into this first but if true EVGA all the way.

I only wish i could get a ten year warranty... And do NOT use Paypal either all paypal purchases lose protection after 180days. Pay with Mastercard or Visa thats my advice.
Thank you for that, but which card is good? I only plan to keep the card for a year. So as long as they all have 1 year warranty i'm okay with that.
Which is the fastest/quietest/best cooling/highest power limit as I asked?

Soldato
Slow down boy,
I know you just sold your v7, but the rtx2080 isn't the full chip, so hold off a little just to see if Nvidia release the full chip for the superbs/ prices may change.

Soldato
OP
Slow down boy,
I know you just sold your v7, but the rtx2080 isn't the full chip, so hold off a little just to see if Nvidia release the full chip for the superbs/ prices may change.
Hello Davedree :)

The only reason is that there is 10% off sitewide somewhere for today only and combine that with not having a graphics card at all for 3/4 weeks , i would crack and rock in the corner of my garden with plant pots on my head.

I know whats supposedly coming, but im commited, plus this same question will apply in the future also.

Soldato
Hello Davedree :)

The only reason is that there is 10% sitewide somewhere for today only and combine that with not having a graphics card at all for 3/4 weeks , i would crack and rock in the corner of my garden with plant pots on my head

That's upto you, but i'd still hold out just to see if there's some movement, (probably not ;))
You can replant my dead/new tomato seedlings if you get bored waiting..

Soldato
I'm a big fan of Zotac with the 5 year warranty and pretty beasty coolers.

Although the smart money would be to hold out until the supers get released. I believe your a fellow new father so cram some father/son time in, although I know how hard it is to wean yourself off the addiction of Pcs :D

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys, I might buy one and then return it within the 28 days consumer do dah thingy then i get the best of both worlds, and if it doesnt happen as planned and prices dont drop e.t.c i will have a card
So zotac is a good bet?
Any of the others?

Soldato
Thanks guys, I might buy one and then return it within the 28 days consumer do dah thingy then i get the best of both worlds, and if it doesnt happen as planned and prices dont drop e.t.c i will have a card
So zotac is a good bet?
Any of the others?

I'm a little confused. You sold an R7 to replace it with a card of the same power which you may not keep. Wouldn't it have been better to keep the R7 until whatever you're waiting for? I'm sure it would have been more cost effective/less hassle.

Soldato
You will probably be better off undervolting the card anyway so I wouldn’t worry about power limits from experience.

If anything I’d go with EVGA if you plan a waterblock. Zotac don’t usually allow cooler removal.

And as most have said. Wait for a super 2080 or whatever it will be called.

Or at least wait for the super cards so you can get a cheaper 2080 card.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
I went for the Zotac due to 5 year warranty and it’s a triple fan.

No complaints here at all. It only gets loud if I overclock the crap out of it. Have run 3 different BIOS on it but eventually reverted back to the original as it clocked pretty well anyway without having to turn the fans right up.

Soldato
OP
I'm a little confused. You sold an R7 to replace it with a card of the same power which you may not keep. Wouldn't it have been better to keep the R7 until whatever you're waiting for? I'm sure it would have been more cost effective/less hassle.
More power, and I want to see ray tracing for myself, then next year it will be a 2nd gen turing.

I am contemplating getting a 2080 ti asus dual OC in this occasion also, but not sure although it is £750

Associate
I went for the Zotac due to 5 year warranty and it’s a triple fan.

No complaints here at all. It only gets loud if I overclock the crap out of it. Have run 3 different BIOS on it but eventually reverted back to the original as it clocked pretty well anyway without having to turn the fans right up.
Does a Zotac have the longest warranty? I'm planning to get a 2080 next month...

Soldato
More power, and I want to see ray tracing for myself, then next year it will be a 2nd gen turing.

I am contemplating getting a 2080 ti asus dual OC in this occasion also, but not sure although it is £750

Fair enough, I'd just heard that the two cards traded blows. Whatever you get make it has a good warranty

Soldato
So zotac is a good bet?
Any of the others?

If you buy EVGA you may be able to upgrade program it to the 2000 super series when that comes out (though you can only upgrade to their bottom version so likely a dual slot XC Black).

Also it's a paltry 20-30 euros or something to extend to 5 year warranty with them (I did so with my 1080ti ftw3 hybrid despite being unlikely to keep it that long).

Soldato
OP
If you buy EVGA you may be able to upgrade program it to the 2000 super series when that comes out (though you can only upgrade to their bottom version so likely a dual slot XC Black).

Also it's a paltry 20-30 euros or something to extend to 5 year warranty with them (I did so with my 1080ti ftw3 hybrid despite being unlikely to keep it that long).
A good point in the upgrade program at evga, thanks for reminding me!

Back
Top Bottom