Le Mans 2019

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
Once the driver gets out is that it for that car?
No, the driver can get out and try to fix the car but he must not go further than something like 10m or 20m away from the car. Driver can talk to the pit crew over the radio and they can try and talk him through any repairs. The car can actually be lifted over the barrier or pushed by the marshals if it’s in a dangerous position.

What I find odd is why they don’t carry a basic tool kit in the car in a race like Le Mans. I can think of a few occasions where something as basic as a small screwdriver or a little jemmy bar could have got the car back to the pits.

Soldato
No, the driver can get out and try to fix the car but he must not go further than something like 10m or 20m away from the car. Driver can talk to the pit crew over the radio and they can try and talk him through any repairs. The car can actually be lifted over the barrier or pushed by the marshals if it’s in a dangerous position.

What I find odd is why they don’t carry a basic tool kit in the car in a race like Le Mans. I can think of a few occasions where something as basic as a small screwdriver or a little jemmy bar could have got the car back to the pits.

I see. Not sure why i thought they had to stay in it? lol! I take it they have to get the car back to the pits unaided then. The tool kit would make sense though as i guess you could just sub it for ballast if you were worried about the weight penalty.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Only 12 hours to go, it’s been really eventful so far.

The stand outs for me so far are Mike Conway in the No.7 Toyota and the GTE Pro battles.

Soldato
Can not believe that Bratislava car. I thought it was retired after hitting the wall for the second time. All of a sudden it pops up, makes it way into the pits with broken steering. :D

Soldato
Looks like a lot of those badly damaged in the pits or retired and not marked as such are now all out. Not too bad a rate of attrition.

Crashtor living up to his name though. :D

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
Right, I’m back on it. Left at 7:45am this morning to pick something up on my bike, which turned into an epic got lost brutally hilly ride through Berkshire in the rain, but was listening to Radio Le Mans in my left ear the whole way. Loved it!

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Penalty for the Keating MS Car for spinning the wheels in the pit lane, man that's really harsh. There is a lot of questionable choices from the ACO this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom